Chapter 12

I turned around to face him, trembling. "Is it really you?" Feeling him standing there in front of me. My body soaking wet and bare. I drew my breath in deeply and closed my eyes thinking how crazy this was when suddenly I felt a pressure against my breasts. It was him leaning into me. I couldn't believe it! He really was there. I opened my eyes again almost expecting to see him. I didn't although there was a heaviness all around me. This is like nothing I have ever experienced before. I closed my eyes again and we were kissing. I could actually feel his lips on mine. I put my arms out to embrace him out of habit with the thought that there was no way I would have any sensation, when it stunned me that I did. For the first time in my life I am having an intimate encounter with the spirit of a man and it was the most intense contact I could imagine.

Although this was thrilling to me I also still held enormous anguish, and I told him "I miss you so much." as I broke down in tears. I believe he realized this was too much for me and moved on for the time being. I continued to grieve and finished my shower all while in total astonishment at what had occurred.

The next day while I was scrolling through Facebook someone had shared a random video of a mom singing to her baby that fell asleep, and while that song was playing..the bottle fell in the shower again. The song that was playing is called Better Place. I had never heard this song before but after listening to the words it was like David was trying to talk to me through it. I would have never even paid attention to it if this wouldn't have happened but now it means the world to me. It also soothed me and gave me peace of mind. It was exactly what I needed and he knew it.

I fell asleep in hopes of dreaming of him , but sadly I haven't had one yet that I can remember. When I woke up the next morning I looked down at my phone and somehow it was on a Facebook group page and had a word typed in the in the comments section but it hadn't posted. I had cleared my phone and set it on the floor as I do every night and no one has access to my phone so this was impossible. There were 3 letters typed in, it read Chi. I looked it up and the meaning in Chinese is circulating life energy. I was blown away. Could he be letting me know he is really here for sure, by typing into my phone while I sleep? I also looked up the Chi definition on the Cambridge Dictionary page and that's when every hair on the back of my neck stood up.

The definition says in some systems of Chinese medicine and exercise, it is the most important energy that person has. Yet the thing that struck me was all over the bottom of the page in big bold letters were the words, Apparition, astral plane, aura, familiar, ghost, ghostliness, ghostly, haunt,necromancy, ouija board, phantom, poltergeist, possessed, specter, and spirit. David is definitely letting me know he is here, and I couldn't be happier about it. We can finally be together again.

The next night I pulled a photo of David up on my phone, and climbed into bed. I propped the phone up on the pillow where he slept and his eyes looked back at me as if he was letting me know everything was going to be okay. An overwhelming sense of peace surrounded me. I haven't even slept in my bed since we were in it together months ago. I sleep on my couch and It was the first time I could lay in the bed because I knew he would be there. I cuddled up to him and gave him a kiss, I told him I loved him and went to sleep beside him.

I look forward to our next encounter. I know David will be waiting for me when I cross-over to the the other side. I am so lucky to have shared the time in this world I did with him and to share the time I can now. I will continue to look for the signs he shows me of his presence, they are getting stronger now. Hopefully someday when I wake up it will be just like the day we woke up together. He will be standing at the foot of the bed, smiling back at me, and tell me I was snoring.

Our crashing spirits will forever be joined in everlasting eternity.