Chapter 11

It was the day I found out David passed away, I was struggling with all the emotions of his loss. I was looking at the news story about his crash when I noticed the time.  2:45 a.m. I read another news story from another site. 2:47 a.m. This can't be I think to myself. I have to  do a double take as I reach for my phone. I look at the time I sent my last text to him. 2:48 a.m.  Chills come over my body. I read the day it happened. Early Saturday morning..Saturday was the night I was out and sent the text to him I recall. Only it wasn't the same night, it was 2 weeks apart. The chances of it being the same day and time are too bizarre. So unorthodox in fact I can't just shake it off. 

Could he have been thinking of me at the time? Wondering if he should contact me. l thought to myself after all.. we had went  days without talking but reconnected without skipping a beat, who's to say we couldn't  go a few months without doing the same thing. Our connection was without a doubt undeniable.  I search on maps the location of his accident and it's less than 20 minutes away from my house. It was a long stretch of road, not well lit so it would be dangerous at that time of night. The roads were icy and it had been snowing. The temperatures were freezing. This man was very experienced at driving though, he was used to driving long stretches of road in bad weather since he drove out of town often and to other states. I know from personal experience how easy it is to lose control. One wrong turn of the wheel can send you into a spin. Maybe he was going too fast or just tired. Yet the thought can't escape my mind..what if he was looking down at my message and thinking of contacting me. The what if's can drive you crazy. 

I go on about my days trying to live a normal life, but in the back of my mind he is always there. Haunting me. I try to feel close to him again by looking at our photos, reading our messages, I printed out his memorial and put it in a frame on my wall.  Then out of the blue a friend messaged me around 6 weeks after his passing and asked me how I was doing. This friend was at the bar the night we were there together and met him and saw us together.  I had to be honest. A bit reluctantly I told him about losing David and how difficult it's been, that I took the loss very hard. He of course let me know he was very sorry for my loss. My grief was right back, and there I was sobbing on the sofa again. After that conversation is when the paranormal things started happening. I have been to the other side so I should know when I'm being contacted by a spirit, and I welcomed it with open arms.

The first thing to happen is the object falling in the shower.  It is a body soap bottle, at first I thought nothing of it. The bottle was just slipping I thought, so I would go in and pick it up and put it back. It always made a noise loud enough for me to hear it and only happens when I'm home too. It had happened a few times but I didn't put 2 and 2 together until it happened after the conversation with my friend. The thing that really got my attention was the touching. It was while I was in the shower as well, this seems to be his favorite place. At first it was a firm touch on my hand. This was definitely not water pressure, this was a finger touch. He was letting me know he was there. It gave me chills in a hot, steamy shower and I felt a presence. It was David.