Chapter 2

I hadn't even been around him for more than a couple hours and I already saw our future. Normally this would scare me but for some reason it was nothing like that this time, it was an easy going, laid back feeling with him. He asked me if I smoked and I said no but I don't mind if he does. He went outside to smoke a cigarette while I sat and sipped my drink and chit-chatted with the bartender who is also a friend of mine and I couldn't help saying to her, "Wow, This guy is so awesome and so cute.I really like him." all while my heart was skipping beats. The man was after all extremely attractive.Standing around 5′ 11″ tall and built very well, muscular from working in construction and very tan. Perfect white teeth and his smile is what really stood out about him. He had a bit of stubble on his face and dark hair with beautiful brown eyes with hints of ember in them. His skin perfectly smooth like silk to touch. He was like something out of a magazine and I was in awe of him. Another friend overheard me and mentioned what a good guy he is. That sealed the deal for me, I needed to get to know him better and I wasn't going to just give up.

David walked back in gleaming that award winning smile ear to ear. Like he had just won the lottery. "Well that must have been a really good smoke." I playfully said. He laughed and replied "I called my Ma, and told her I found you." ( I thought it was adorable that he called his mom Ma, by the way ) I almost jumped out of my chair. "You did what?!" I screamed. "Yep, I told her all about you and she can't wait to meet you." all while he is still holding the ear to ear smile. You could have knocked me over with a feather at that point. This man is not only devastatingly handsome, but he is also a good father and is already excited about me meeting his family and this is only on day one. This is the stuff romance novels are written of, this is what paintings, music and poetry are inspired by. There I was, the loneliest girl in the world that was typically binge watching reality shows and worried if my laundry was still in the dryer or not right smack dab in the middle of it... living it. 

I was reeling. There was really no way this was all happening to a middle aged woman that had never been in love, on a Wednesday. Yet here it was, in living color, happening. We went outside to chat more and the sun was setting. The sky painted in pinks ,purples and oranges. A perfect warm September evening without a cloud in the sky. I knew the night was going to be coming to a close soon and I wanted to remember it forever. I got a few pictures of us together. The pictures that I will forever cherish. Our faces cheek to cheek, our smiles so bright, captured in a moment that can never be taken away. A perfect day etched in time that I look at and get to re-live over and over. 

I am typically not a very forward woman but something came over me as we were outside that evening. I grabbed his hand and said "Come with me." as I looked into his eyes and pulled him to the side of the building. My heart was pounding so hard I thought it may burst out of my chest. I set my purse down and looked up into his eyes. I put my arms around his neck and leaned into him, and then slowly placed a soft kiss on his lips. At first he was surprised and a bit shocked but he quickly overcame that. We both smiled at each other as if it was about time. The next kiss was much more passionate. It was as if the world fell away and we were the only people left. I could have stayed there forever in his embrace. It was the safest I have ever felt.

We went back in and there was a slow song playing, I asked him for a dance so we joined each other and swayed to the music like it was the most natural thing we have ever done. This wasn't just a man I happened to meet that day, this was fate. I knew that, he knew that, our eyes were telling each other that with every passing second, and there was no denying it. Everyone around us could see it as well. He was all I ever wanted.

We sat and chatted more and played a game called pull tabs, it's where you pull back tabs to try to win money by matching 3 of a kind. He bought quite a few so he asked me for help and I pulled some of them when one turned out to be a $300.00 winner. I was amazed! I showed it to him and we both celebrated and high fived each other. It was such a wonderful moment for us. These things are hard to win and here we are having the best time already but this is some serious icing on the cake. The bartender brings the winnings over, congratulates us and without hesitation he hands me $100.00 of it and thanks me for being his lucky charm. This is the kind of guy David was and a true statement of his generosity To give a person he only met that day so much, is proof of his amazing character.

Alas the night was coming to a close and we were parting ways but we exchanged numbers. He told me to let him know I got home safe, so as soon as I arrived home I sent him a text to let him know I did and that it was nice meeting him, that I looked forward to seeing him again. I also sent him a photo I took of us and said it was my favorite photo. He replied that he was very happy I made it home safely and it was an awesome picture. He said he hopes it's just the first of many pics. Him saying that made my heart skip a beat.  He let me know he made it home safe too and that he is really happy he stopped there today." Best thing to ever happen to me", he tells me. It was the best thing to ever happen to me too, I thought to myself. Then he thanks me for the friendly conversation and the dance. That he had a great time with me! The exclamation point at the end of his sentence on the text had me feeling like a teenager again. That he looks forward to seeing me again. I was on cloud nine.