Chapter 3

We continued to message each other, in fact he contacted me two days later with a text that read " Hi  gorgeous" I was instantly smiling and had butterflies taking over my entire body when I read that. Those are the best texts to get after all. " How was your day?" he continued. My replies were "Hi there! My day was great lol how was yours? I cleaned my pool, went for a swim..had chili for dinner and was going to come to bike night but the rain came in so I changed my mind." He got back to me a few minutes later "Today wasn't bad for me, but it was a long one. Been a lot of long days this week." I sent a text back that said "Aww sending a virtual (( hug)) :) " Now that I read that back I should have said more. He was reaching out to me and opening up to me. That was my moment to delve deeper into him and what was going on in his life, to be a good friend and all I could do was send a lousy virtual hug and a smiley face. After all we had been through in such a short time the least I could have done was ask what was going on or say is there anything I can do to help. I really have become a numbed down to emotions individual over time. Giving my xerox copied answer to everyone and I am a sub par human being for it. He still thanked me for the hug and I told him "Anytime sweets! Hopefully you have a great weekend. It's very nice to hear from you..you made my day or umm night now lol" David being so sweet gets back with " Lol ,Do you have plans this weekend? Maybe we could grab lunch or dinner?"

I'm twirling, he just asked me out.

The butterflies turn to eagles and I'm soaring. Is this really happening? The man of my dreams with the million dollar smile really wants to meet with me in a public place and eat food with me.. yes this is happening. Hurry, quick say yes before he changes his mind! I try to play it cool though and say "Not anything definitively planned but I'm open to suggestions, and that sounds good." I really hope that sounded like a yes. We make plans for Sunday and I send him my best pool side selfie so there is no chance of a last minute back out. He replies "Love it" which is exactly what I needed to hear and I reply " Aww shucks..Thank you" with a kiss emoji just to be cute. " No, thank you! So glad I was able to see you today!" is what came back through the phone and I'm not sure if I caught my breath for another ten minutes after that but I nearly passed out from all the excitement.

The next day he messaged me to work out the details of our date for two days away and this is where it gets interesting. He asks to meet for drinks that night. Of course wild horses couldn't drag me away from meeting this man that night. I had mentioned I was thinking of going out that evening to him and I was utterly and totally elated that he was just as ready for us as I was. I went all out of course. I put on my most amazing outfit. A sparkly black form fitting low cut top and black fashion nova rivet lace up the front pants and high heeled boots. My waist long hair was straightened and down and I did a smokey eye with a subtle glitter. I knew when I walked in all eyes would be on me and he would be blown away, that is exactly what happened. I got to the bar and he looked just as handsome as I remembered him. He was wearing a soft grey printed t-shirt and blue jeans. Looking very tan under the bands lighting. He flashed me that smile and I melted. We hugged each other tightly and sat down to enjoy the live band that was playing. It was like we knew each other for years and didn't skip a beat.

 It was a gorgeous summer night. Warm and sultry, the energy and atmosphere very welcoming and energetic. We slow danced again, this time to more than one song. Eric Clapton's Wonderful tonight played and it was perfect. My friend captured a couple photos of us and commented on how he was looking at me. With so much adoration in his eyes. She sent them to me and I see exactly what she meant. I hold these photos near and dear to me and would protect them with my life. We had a magical evening, and I whisked him away for another kiss beside the building. I just couldn't help myself. This time it was more familiar, we seemed to fit each other like gloves and couldn't get enough. There were people on the patio laughing as we came back from around the side as if they knew what we were up to. I really felt like a silly young girl but it was so exhilarating. He was after all a very good kisser, and it was passionate. 

 We got hungry and decided to head to breakfast at Tee Jays. There we started to get into a conversation about deeper things and where we saw things heading. With everything in my body and soul I wish I could go back and take that time and do it over. I was a bit tipsy and told him I wasn't sure if I was looking for a serious relationship. What the hell is wrong with me? Of course I want a relationship! I want one with him and he is everything I've ever dreamed of.. but after having a few drinks I wasn't in the right frame of mind to have that talk. Don't you dare ever have a serious discussion about something that important under the influence and screw you if you ever take anything seriously said that is!