Ch. 4 Advice

Rachel POV
It's been two days since the family dinner and it's still going through my mind about what everyone told me.
I mean I know they are right. I'm still bitter. My past has been my block to avoid love.
Ugh I don't know what to do. It's starting to get a bit hard for my to focus at work. I hear a knock on my office door.

Rachel: Come in.

And the Dean Of Students Dr. Raymond comes in. He helped me get this job and he's always there to help me if I'm struggling with anything.

Rachel: Well, what do I owe this visit from you for?
Dr. Raymond: Haha. I was just checking to see how everything is holding up for you.
Rachel: Oh everything is going great.

I see that Dr. Raymond studies me. I know he can read me.

Dr. Raymond: I know you are lying. Something is up.

Yep. Called it.

Rachel: I had a feeling you knew.

We both laughed. He gets a chair and sits beside me.

Dr. Raymond: Rachel, I've known you for a long time. I can tell when something is up with you. And you know you can tell me.

I put my hands over my face because he is right there is something up with me. And it makes even more stressed out.

Rachel: Ugh!!
Dr. Raymond: Come on. Take deep breaths and tell me.

He rubs my back to calm me down. I move my hands from my face and take a deep breath. I tell Dr. Raymond everything. Expect about my past with my ex.

Dr. Raymond: Okay. You had some interesting weekend.
Rachel: Ya think?
Dr. Raymond: Rachel, I think you should give this guy a chance.
Rachel: OMG!! You sound like my Mama Mel.
Dr. Raymond: Hear me out, coming from a guy who had been married for 15 years.

I turn my chair around and faced him.

Dr. Raymond: I don't know what happened to you in your past because that's personal to you. But whatever happened can't interfere with your future and your chance to find love. All men we aren't the same. Yes there are bad guys out there, but there are good guys out there. There is someone who can love you for you and make you forget that your heart was ever broken at all. There is someone who is gonna show you how to love again.

That was deep actually. That was going through my mind.

Rachel: But how can I put myself out there?
Dr. Raymond: You said he's a fitness trainer right?
Rachel: Yes.
Dr. Raymond: Ask him to be your trainer.
Rachel: But he's my brother's trainer.
Dr. Raymond: That's the thing, he can train both of you guys and he can get to know as a start through that way. Because after the information you told me he seems like s nice young man.
Rachel: I don't know——
Dr. Raymond: Just try at least. Step out of your comfort zone and take a risk. That's what life is all about.
Rachel: I can't make any promises, but I'll think about it.
Dr. Raymond: Okay.

Then we both hear a phone go off.

Dr. Raymond: That's my phone and looks like I'm needed to be heading over to this meeting with high school students who at getting a tour today.
Rachel: Okay. Take care.
Dr. Raymond: You too and remember what I said.

He leaves my office and I did begin to feel a bit better because I had someone to talk to. And Dr. Raymond was the perfect person to talk to. Thankful he doesn't know what happened to me in my past. And he's right I have to let it go.
As a matter of fact, I'm going to go meet up with Jacob for lunch in an hour and that's the perfect time to ask him if I can start working with him along with Danny.
I leave work and head to a restaurant not far from campus.

Rachel: Hey bro.
Jacob: Hey sis. How are you?
Rachel: I'm doing fine. What about you?
Jacob: That's good. I'm doing good.
Rachel: Yeah. Like I felt better before I came here.
Jacob: What you mean?
Rachel: This last weekend was........something. And what you guys told me Sunday really had me thinking a lot.
Jacob: Oh. Is that good or bad?
Rachel: Its 50/50. And I had a talk with Dr. Raymond earlier today. And he could tell I was worried about something.
Jacob: Everyone can read that on you. Like it's not that hard to find on you.
Rachel: And you guys are right. I have been bitter because of my past and I'm letting it get in my way.
Jacob: I'm glad you finally realize it.
Rachel: Gee ya think.

We both laughed and our food came to our table. And we talked some more. Soon it was almost time for me to head to work. So I have to ask Jacob if I can join him with his workouts.

Rachel: I wanted to ask you as well, is it a crime that I want to join you with your workouts with Danny?

Jacob POV
What?! I know what she's thinking. And I'm not gonna say it to her. But I'm glad she's stepping out of her comfort zone and going for love.

Jacob: Sure. You can join us Friday evening.
Rachel: That's perfect. I get off work early Friday.
Jacob: What time?
Rachel: 3:30. You can pick me up at 5:00
Jacob: Sounds like a plan.

Oh I can't wait for this. She was a matchmaker for me and Harper. So now I have to return the favor.