Ch. 36 His Past

Rachel POV
I wake up the next morning. Actually it was 6:30 am when I woke up. Danny was still asleep. So I tip toed out of bed and took a shower and got dressed for today. I went downstairs and made some coffee and sat down in the kitchen and do my daily reading.
Okay, the real reason why I got up is because I'm stoked about Vanessa. What is up with her? What did she and Danny have? I have so many questions. I can't let what's she's doing destroy my relationship with Danny. That's what caused me to wake up so early in this morning.

Danny: Hey, what are doing up so early?

I turn around and it's Danny. He kisses me on my forehead and sits with me.

Rachel: Oh...I...ummm...ugh.
Danny: What is it babe?

I already know I'm terrible at lying so I have to tell him the truth.

Rachel: Okay, it's Vanessa. I just hate what she did last night.
Danny: I know me too.
Rachel: What ever happened with two?
Danny: You sure you want to know?
Rachel: Yes. I want to.

Danny POV
My past with Vanessa is super complicated.

Danny: Okay. So Vanessa and I got "together" when I was a senior in college. She was the most popular girl there was, she was spoiled, and got whatever she wanted. And me...well...I was out of the spotlight of my family's name because I didn't want it to follow me around where I went. She saw me at this party I went to with some friends. She came up to me and tried to get with me, but I turned her down. She didn't like that I did. So she kept trying and trying. Like she even came to my apartment and followed me everywhere. Then, one day she shows up to my apartment and told me that she'll tell everybody about my family's name. Like how rich and popular we are. Unless I get with her. I had no choice, but too because if I didn't she would have ruined my life. So we got together and she told me she wanted to meet my family. And if I said no.
Rachel: She would have spilled about your family's popularity.
Danny: Yeah. So I brought her to meet them. My folks knew something about her wasn't right. She would pretend to like everyone, but didn't. She treated my sister like crap and as a slave. She would tell me to buy her things. After about 4 months, I had enough. I told her off about how she is and everything and said that it's over. Good thing I was graduating after it happened. Soon, as I graduate I left and moved to New York and didn't come back till about a couple of years ago.
Rachel: How long were you in New York?
Danny: For about 3 and a half years. She was the worst person ever. She doesn't like anyone to tell her no.

Rachel POV
Okay, I knew Vanessa was a bad person, but not this bad. She is evil.

Rachel: I'm sorry you had to go through that.
Danny: It's okay. I was able to get out of it early. But I'm just scared she's gonna try to tear us apart.
Rachel: I hate to admit, but she will definitely come after us. But she has to go through me and I don't mind fighting.
Danny: Hahaha. You are something.
Rachel: That's one of the many reasons why you are marrying me.
Danny: True.

We both laughed. I actually feel much better.

Rachel: I feel better now that we had this talk.
Danny: Of course sweetheart, I love having talks like this with you.
Rachel: I love you.
Danny: I love you.

Danny and I kiss. And his cell phone rings.

Danny: Hello?
Tracy: Are you Danny Phillips?
Danny: This is he.
Tracy: I'm Tracy, I work as network publicist for Entertainment Tonight and I was wonder if you and your fiancé would like to do a segment on you guys engagement?
Danny: Hold on. Let me put you on speaker phone so that my fiancé can here this.

He puts his phone on speaker phone.

Tracy: Hi, Rachel. Entertainment Tonight would like to do a segment with you and Danny on you guys engagement. Would you be interested?
Rachel: Well, what is exactly gonna happen?
Tracy: One of our reporters will interview you guys asking questions about how you guys met, the proposal, wedding plans, and marriage plans. We won't ask about personal questions. We can email the questions to you guys to get an idea.
Rachel: Woah.
Danny: I know, but it's all up to you babe.
Tracy: Ever since the world saw you guys at the opening of the restaurant last night they want to know more about your love story and we would like to do a segment with you guys.

Yet again my gut is saying do this because this is a great opportunity. But at the same time I'm nervous. What if I say something wrong?

Rachel: Babe, this idea may sound cliché, but why not do the segment at our engagement photo session?
Danny: That's not a bad idea.
Tracy: So is that a yes?
Rachel: Yes. I want us to do it.
Tracy: Great. When is your engagement photo session and where is it located?
Rachel: It's this coming Saturday at 12:30. And where is it babe?
Danny: It's at Pasadena Courthouse.
Tracy: Great. We can't wait to do the segment with you guys. Nancy will interview you you guys.
Rachel: Awesome.
Tracy: We will email you guys more information. See you guys soon. Bye.
Rachel and Danny: Bye.

Danny hangs up his phone.

Rachel: I don't how to feel. This is crazy, but awesome at the same time.
Danny: Hahaha. I know babe.
Rachel: Question, how do these celeb reporters know about you?
Danny: Well, ever since I was a child the whole family has been in the spotlight because our business has grown so much is that they referred to us as "The First Family Of LA". And the fact that most of the restaurants, bars, clubs in LA are ran by us. My dad is looking to pass it on to me, but I'm not sure just yet.
Rachel: Well, do what you think is best. Like what Harper once told me, "turn off your brain and listen to your heart".
Danny: That's deep.
Rachel: Yeah. Can we plan out some more details for the wedding?
Danny: Yeah. I want to see what ideas you have in mind.
Rachel: And we can look for an wedding planner.

So we go in the living room and get on my laptop to look the ideas I have in mind for the wedding and we looked up for a wedding planner. We contact her and she is absolutely willing to help us plan our wedding. We are planning to wait a little bit longer for a date.
What is happening? I'm planning for my wedding. This is crazy. Who would've thought?

Rachel: Babe, do you think we are moving too fast?
Danny: I don't feel like we are. Are you getting cold feet?
Rachel: Oh no. It's like everything is a rush and a dream at the same time.
Danny: I can understand. But we have each other and we are gonna live the life that God has blessed us with.
Rachel: Awww.

I kiss him on his cheek and we did some stress relieving activities for the rest of the day.