Ch. 35 Public Appearance

Rachel POV
45 minutes later, we arrived and it's so unbelievable. The restaurant looks so amazing.

They have the red carpet, paparazzi everywhere, and so many big name celebrities

They have the red carpet, paparazzi everywhere, and so many big name celebrities. I'm so nervous now.

Rachel: Babe, I'm nervous

Rachel: Babe, I'm nervous. I don't think I can do this.

Danny takes my hand and kisses it and then my forehead.

Danny: Baby, you'll be fine. I'll be by your side. Just breathe.

I take several deep breaths and I began to calm down.

Rachel: Okay. I'm ready.
Danny: That's my beautiful girl.

I laugh at him. And the driver opens up the door. Danny gets out and he helps me out. We both hold hands as we get ready to walk the red carpet with everyone else.
Paparazzi was everywhere talking pictures of us. I did what Bethanie and Hailey taught me. They taught me how to pose for the camera. I pose for the cameras and smiled. Then, a reporter stopped Danny and I.

Nancy: Hi, Danny.
Danny: Hello, Nancy.
Nancy: Is it okay if we do a quick interview for ET with you and your lovely date?

Danny looks at me to ask me if it's okay.

Danny: Do you want it?

I don't know why I want to, but I remember what Danny and Hailey told me of the do's and don'ts of this. So I should be prepared enough.

Rachel: Sure.
Nancy: Great. The camera is over here.

We follow Tracy to do the quick interview.

Camera man: And we are rolling.
Nancy: I have here live with me one of the Walter Phillips' sons, the one and only Danny Phillips. Danny please tell us how excited are you about this opening?
Danny: Oh I'm super excited, I'm so thankful to work along with my brother, dad, and with an amazing team of people on this. And I know dad is very proud of us. He's way more excited than I am. And this woman right here influenced me the most throughout this whole process.
Nancy: Oh really? And tell everyone about your gorgeous date.
Danny: This amazing woman is not just my date, she's my fiancé, Rachel Leveret.
Nancy: Oh my. You heard him folks. He's off the market. It's nice to meet you Rachel.
Rachel: It's nice to meet you too.
Nancy: Please tell us how you feel right now.
Rachel: I'm so excited to be here and I'm just so proud of him. This is a great project that he has been apart of and I'm so amazed by how everything has come together. He has worked so hard on this and it's a blessing. I love this man so much and I'm extremely proud of him.
Nancy: You guys may have officially became everyone's favorite couple now. Can we see the ring?
Danny and Rachel: Sure.