Ch. 13 Second Chance

Rachel POV
The next day I went to work and of course my students missed me. And I've missed them. Man sometimes I forget how much I love my job.
As I was in my office, I began to think about what Jacob, Harper, and Bethanie has told me. And they are 1000% right. I have been bitter with my past and it is time to let go.
Danny is an amazing guy. I mean I think about that day when we hung out. That was the first time I've smiled in so long. I felt free and we both have a lot in common. He likes to travel, likes adventure, his favorite color is blue, has great music taste, and is a big fan of sports. But most of all he is so caring, kind, loving, gentle, etc.
OMG!! I think I like him a lot. These feelings for him are so strong. I really do like him. OMG!!
I definitely need to talk to him.
I dial his number on my phone.

Danny: Hello.
Rachel: Hi Danny, it's Rachel.
Danny: Hi Rachel. What can I do for you?

He sounded so different. He sounded like I'm someone whose unimportant.

Rachel: Can you meet me at the music shop in the downtown area of the University of California?
Danny: Why?
Rachel: I need to talk to you in person. It's important.
Danny: Okay. I'll see you there in 15 minutes.
Rachel: Okay. Bye.

Okay. I get my stuff and head over to the music shop. It was a 10 minute drive.

When I got to the parking lot, I sat in my car for a moment to take deep breaths

Rachel: Okay, Rach. You got this. Just tell him how you feel and how much you like him.

I take a few more deep breaths and I get out of my car and go inside.

I look around the music shop and memories are coming back to me

I used to come here a lot with Jacob right after our parents died. We both would bond over our favorite songs and everything. Sometimes we would buy a record from here. I looked around a to find Danny. Then, I see him looking at some albums. I walk closer to him and he looks up when he sees me.

Rachel: Hi.
Danny: Hi.

I don't know if this is awkward or hard.

Danny: So you wanted to see me?
Rachel: Yeah. I wanted to talk to you.
Danny: Okay. What's up?

I take a deep breath.

Rachel: I'm sorry for hurting your feelings about us sleeping together.

Danny POV
What is she doing?

Danny: What?
Rachel: Danny, please. Here me out. Look, I was just so bitter about my past letting it get to me because I was scared.
Danny: Scared of what?
Rachel: Scared to fall in love again. And I keep fighting my feelings about you. Trust me they are so strong that I can't ignore it. I did a lot of thinking about us and I honestly can't remember the last time I ever felt so alive. Like I've never smiled this much or any like this in so long.
Danny: What are you trying to say?
Rachel: What I'm trying to say is that................I like you Danny. A lot.

Is she for real? Like what is happening?

Danny: Are you serious?
Rachel: I am. I really like you Danny. There is something about you that puts me in this amazing feeling. It's time that learn to love again. And I'm willing to give us a second chance.
Danny: I don't know what to say.

This girl has me speechless because God knows that I really like Rachel.

Rachel POV
I get closer to Danny and I hold his hand. And I look into his eyes.

Rachel: All I want to know is are you up to give us a second chance?

He looks at me and I know he's thinking. Like dude, say yes or no. My heart is already beating super fast and I'm worried enough. Danny leans in and kisses me. He wraps his arms around my waist and I have my arms around his neck. Which I didn't expect. But it felt good to kiss him and be in his arms. Then we pull apart from our kiss.

Rachel: I take that as a yes then.

We both laughed.

Danny: I guess so.

I immediately hug him and he hugs me back. A little bit of tears fell down my face and Danny wipes them off my face.

Rachel: Oh Danny.
Danny: I know. You don't even have to say it.

We hugged which felt like a lifetime.

Danny: Can I ask you something?
Rachel: Go for it.
Danny: Is it too much to ask you on a date?
Rachel: Hahaha. No.

Then, Danny takes my hand. And I feel like he's doing those romantic gestures that are done in movies. But it cute the way he's doing it. I couldn't help but smile.

Danny: Rachel Leveret, would like to go on a date with me?
Rachel: Hahahaha. I would love to go on a date you Danny Philips.

He pulls me close to him and he kisses me. I'm so happy right now that I feel like I'm on cloud nine.