Ch. 25 Change in Heart

Rachel POV
I sent Gloria the information that she needed to handle my case. She told me that Eric will get a letter in the mail soon about me taking him to court. I know he's not gonna be happy about it, but it's what he deserves.
A couple of weeks pass by and I started going back to work to begin the school year. But school doesn't start back for another two weeks. It's my job to come back early before the students do. I'm already working on some new projects and a new system for my students.
Today I'm going to go to Michael's, the craft store, to pick up my package that I ordered and a few other things. I make it to the store and I began to pick out the things that I needed. Eventually, I got the package that I ordered, paid for everything, and went to put it in my car. Soon as I finished loading everything, Eric shows up.

Rachel: What do you want now?
Eric: I came to see you baby.
Rachel: Don't call me that!!! I'm not your baby.
Eric: Why you gotta be like that?
Rachel: Like what?

He's making so angry and he's so annoying.

Eric: Be all...ya know...negative to me.

Did this asshole just say that?

Rachel: Look, you are the one who came to my house trying to get me back. Then, tried again when I was at the mall. And then broke into my house. Does that say enough?
Eric: Rachel, please. I'm trying to be nice.

He comes closer to me and pulls me close to him. I swear it feels so uncomfortable.

Rachel: Let me go!!!
Eric: Not until you take me back.
Rachel: Never!!

I'm fighting him trying to get him to let me go, but he has a strong grip. Then, Brad shows up. This makes it even worse.

Brad: Hey!! Let her go!!

Brad pulls me away from Eric.

Eric: What you gonna do?

Brad punches Eric in the face and he falls to the ground.

Rachel: Brad!! Stop!!
Brad: Does that answer your question pretty boy? Now I suggest that you leave her alone.

Eric gets back up and he is bleeding.

Eric: This is not over Rachel. I'll see you again.

He leaves and I'm left in shock of what just happened. Brad turns around and faces me.

Brad: Are you okay?
Rachel: I'm fine. I think.
Brad: I saw you were having some trouble and I came over to help.
Rachel: Thanks.
Brad: Who was that guy?
Rachel: My ex boyfriend.
Brad: Wait, that's the guy that's been bothering you?
Rachel: Yep.
Brad: Oh you weren't joking.
Rachel: He's driving me crazy. First he tries to get me back, then breaks into my house, and now this.
Brad: Wait, what?
Rachel: Yeah. He broke into my house a couple of weeks ago.
Brad: I'm sorry about that.
Rachel: It's okay. I left the house and now I live with Danny.
Brad: You two are living together?
Rachel: Yeah.
Brad: That's awesome.

What? I'm so lost. What is up with him now?

Rachel: Wait, what?
Brad: I'm happy for you guys.
Rachel: How can you go from being flirtatious with me to being happy for me and your brother?
Brad: Look, I know what I did was wrong and I crossed the line. I just thought that you were so hot and everything that I took a shot. And I see that you are different and that you really love my brother. I'm sorry.

I can't believe what I'm hearing. He's apologizing for what he did to me. Well, he did protect me from Eric.

Rachel: It's okay. It's in the past. We can move on from that.
Brad: What? So you aren't gonna kill me?
Rachel: Hahaha. No. Your Danny's brother and he loves you.
Brad: You are an amazing person Rachel.
Rachel: Thanks Brad.
Brad: Imma head out to take care of some business.
Rachel: Okay. Thanks again.
Brad: You're welcome. Take care.

I get in my car and drive back to work to set up half of everything I got. When I finished, I headed home.
On the way home, I was in the mood to make dinner for Danny and I. So I made a stop to the grocery store.
Soon as I finished, I headed home to make dinner. I decided to make us some baked chicken with a Caesar Salad. And for dessert I'm making us some brownies. I put on some music while I make dinner.

Danny POV
I leave from work and head home. I get home and soon as I walk in the house I smell something amazing. And I hear some music. I walk to the kitchen and I see my beautiful amazing girlfriend making dinner.

Danny: Hi baby.
Rachel: Hi sweetie.

I give her a kiss and smack her butt. And she laughs.

Danny: What are you making? It smells amazing in here.
Rachel: Well, I'm making some baked chicken with Caesar Salad. And I have some brownies that are over there cooling off.
Danny: Oooooo. That sounds amazing.
Rachel: Thanks babe. Now go upstairs and wash your hands and we can eat.
Danny: Okay.

I go upstairs and wash my hands. When I finished, I came back to the kitchen and have dinner with Rachel.
We fix our plates and sit down to eat.

Danny: Baby, this is amazing.
Rachel: Thanks babe. How was your day today?
Danny: It was great. Jacob is gonna be taking his exam tomorrow and I know he's got it in the bag.
Rachel: Yay!! I hope he gets the job because the regular season for football is starting very soon.
Danny: How was your day?

Rachel POV
How is he gonna react to this? Pissed or shocked? I don't know.

Rachel: Well, work went well. I went to Michael's to get my packages and Eric came up to me again.
Danny: Ugh!! What did he want?
Rachel: As always. Me.
Danny: Why can't he leave you alone?
Rachel: I don't know. But Brad came and saved me.
Danny: What?! That makes it even worse.
Rachel: That's what I thought, but apparently it was a good thing he came.
Danny: Wait, what? Why?
Rachel: He actually punched Eric.
Danny: What?
Rachel: Yeah. And he told him to leave me alone. And he all of a sudden had a change in heart.
Danny: How?
Rachel: He told me that I was the first girl that is with you to ever shut him down. And he can absolutely tell that I love you. Which I do. And he's happy for us. And he apologized.

Danny POV
Her day was more interesting than mine. My older brother, who used to steal girls from me, is happy for me? Woah.

Danny: Was he serious?
Rachel: Yep.

I'm still stunned by that. Like what the hell?

Rachel: Hahaha. Shocked?
Danny: Yeah.
Rachel: Hahaha. He's your brother babe and now he has respect for us now.
Danny: That does make me feel better.
Rachel: See? To prove it, let's invite everyone over for dinner.
Danny: That sounds like a great idea.

She kisses me on my cheek.

Danny: Hahaha. I love you.
Rachel: I love you.

We cleaned the kitchen and we both took a shower and went to bed. I absolutely love this woman so much that it's crazy.