Ch. 32 Planning For The Engagement

Danny POV
Today, I'm at home and Rachel is at work. I'm struggling a bit to plan this proposal. So I called Jacob and Kevin to come over. They don't know about it. I can't wait to tell them.
30 minutes later they made it.

Jacob: So what's up man?
Danny: Well, I need you guys help with something.
Kevin: What is it?
Danny: I'm planning to ask Rachel to marry me.

Jacob POV
My mouth hits the floor. I'm so speechless. More like my mind is blown. This is awesome. I'm smiling while I'm speechless.

Jacob: What?! Are you serious?!
Danny: Yeah man. I asked Mama Mel and Papa C for permission and they said yeah.
Kevin: Dude, that's amazing.
Jacob: Yeah man. This is great. Dude.....you are gonna be my brother-in-law.
Danny: Hahaha. Yeah man.

I give him a big hug because this is amazing. Danny and I have developed at a bond. This dude is so cool and down to earth. Him and Rachel are meant for each other.

Danny POV
Jacob was more excited than I thought.

Danny: So will y'all help me?
Kevin: Of course man.
Jacob: Yeah man. When you are planning to do it?
Danny: I'm looking at the day before the grand opening of the restaurant. My problem is how am I gonna do it.
Jacob: The way I asked Harper was at the beach. It was our 5 year anniversary. We had dinner and walked along the beach and I had the ring, told her how much I love her, and asked her. She said yes.
Danny: Wow.
Kevin: Well, you know that a couple of weeks ago I asked Leigh to marry me.

Oh yeah, I forgot the mention Kevin did ask Leigh to marry him. Rachel and I are so happy for them.

Kevin: I asked her when were in Oregon where I was doing a talk and it was the weekend of my birthday. So I asked her the day before my birthday. So we went on a helicopter ride to a vineyard. But I had to lie to her saying that there was gonna be something that the conference was having with the other speakers at the vineyard. So we went to an area where there was a table set up with a beautiful view. I told her my spill and I asked her. She said yes.
Jacob: Dude yours is way more detailed than mine.

We all laughed. And Jacob was right. Kevin's was more detailed.

Danny: Well, I want it to be special and memorable.

Kevin POV
I began to think of some places in LA that are the best proposal spots. So I lookup a place on my phone.

Kevin: What about this place to propose?

I show it to Jacob and Danny.

Jacob: Woah. That's beautiful.
Danny: Yeah. I've seen so many pictures of that place over social media.
Kevin: I know someone I can talk to you to hook you up.
Danny: Alright looks like we got a location.

Danny POV
Then, an idea hits me and this would be perfect.

Danny: I have another suggestion.

I tell them my idea and they like it.

Jacob: She'll be floored by that.
Kevin: That's a great idea. I should've done that to my proposal to Leigh.
Jacob: Have you got the ring?
Danny: No and that's where Harper and Bethanie comes in. I'm gonna ask them for some help because I'm gonna get the ring a few days before. Matter of fact let me text them now.

I send them a text and they went crazy. So crazy that I couldn't even tell them how I'm gonna ask her.

Danny: Okay they were more excited than you two were.

We all laughed.

Jacob: Remember, Rachel is very smart and she can figure out things quickly.
Danny: Yeah. Papa C told me. Thanks guys for helping me.
Jacob: I've known you for a good while and you have been like a brother to me. And you are actually gonna become my brother.
Kevin: It's no problem. I'm happy for you. Plus, the band and I will be at the opening of the restaurant.
Danny: Hahaha. Thanks guys.

So a week passes and everyone is being sneaky about the proposal. Rachel has no clue.
Today, I'm going ring shopping with Harper and Bethanie. Rachel thinks that I'm going to meet up with some clients and I told her I'll be back in a few hours.
I meet up with Harper and Bethanie at one of the best jewelry stores in LA.

Danny: Okay girls, what type of ring does Rachel love?
Harper: I know she loves for her engagement ring to be unique and different. She likes white gold, not yellow gold.
Bethanie: Her ring finger size is a 7.
Danny: Okay.

I'm so confused. I don't know where to start.

Harper: You confused?
Danny: Yes.

They both laugh at me.

Bethanie: It's okay.

We walk to the counter to ask the clerk for some help.

Henry: Hello, what can I help you with?
Bethanie: This man right here is trying to find a ring to ask his girlfriend to marry him.
Henry: Alright, what kind are you looking for?
Danny: Something different and unique.
Henry: We definitely do have that. Walk with me this way.

We follow the clerk to an area where they have different and unique rings.

Harper: Woah.
Henry: Now we the simple and unique rings and the sophisticated and unique rings in this area.

It's so hard to decide which is best for Rachel. As I'm looking at them, one really caught my eye.

Danny: What about this one on the third row?

The clerk take it out for us to see.

Bethanie: That one is really beautiful.

The clerk gives us some information about the ring and the more he talks about it, more I'm into it.

Danny: What do you guys think?
Harper: I think that this will have Rachel speechless. It definitely something that she wants in a ring. It's beautiful.
Bethanie: I agree.
Danny: So we found a ring?
Harper and Bethanie: Yeah.
Henry: So you are gonna get this one?
Danny: Yes. Do you have it in a size 7?
Henry: We do. I'll go get it from the back and I'll check you out.

So the clerk gets the ring and puts it in a beautiful box. I pay for it. We leave store.

Danny: Alright, we have to keep this hidden. How are we gonna do it?
Harper: Hide it somewhere in y'all closet. But this bag is a dead give away.
Bethanie: Go to a store around here and put it in there. She won't know anything.
Danny: Alright. So y'all know the plan.
Harper: Yep. We got you.

So I go to a athletic gear store and get some shoes. I put the ring box in the shoe box. I also, get Rachel and I dinner.
Soon as I made it home, I put dinner in the kitchen. I take my shoes and put it on the high shelf on my side of the closet.
Oh man, I can't believe how much everything is coming together. It's scary, but exciting.