Chapter 35

Work for the next week was filled with near constant meetings with Jungsoo. If there was a product he wanted me to approve, it wouldn't be much more than 5 minutes into my research when something would change from another department like marketing or chemistry. My job was never consistent. No, sorry, Miran, that cat food actually needs to be redone by chemistry.

My solace was waking up in the morning and remembering that I would meet Jumin in front of the C&R offices just to say hello, and bring him a cup of coffee (without spilling it). I am also lucky enough to have my office on the top floor of my building so I can look across and see directly into Jumin's office. Sometimes, I see Jaehee in there looking extraordinarily disappointed. Other times, I stare at the back of Jumin's head while he answers a variety of emails and messages. Most of the time, I'll look up and see an empty office, knowing that Jumin is attending all of his meetings.

But every so often, on the very rare occasion Jumin has a break, and I'm not knee deep in work, I'll see him staring out at the city from his windows. I wonder if he stares at me from afar too, or is he just looks at the attractive lights and cars rushing by.

By the time the weekend came, I was relieved. Friday night, I took off my heels in the elevator to my apartment. Walking inside I saw my suitcase, nearly empty on my couch.

"Damn it," I mumbled. I have that meeting with Jumin, Monday. We're going out of the country together, for the first time, and I haven't packed anything other than a pretty dress. I sighed and looked at the suitcase, touching it's zipper so that I could feel the teeth of it. I dragged my nails across it and heard the soft musical tone.

I took off my jacket, shirt, skirt, and tights, throwing them all in a pile with my shoes across the room. It almost felt like betrayal to toss them aside like trash, but I needed a bit of freedom to get away from the suitcase. I went to my bedroom, collapsing onto the bed. I tucked myself in, and scrolled websites until I fell asleep.

~

Waking up, I was stared at yet again by the suitcase. At least now I feel a little more prepared to deal with it. I probably over packed but by the end of the day I not only had every day clothes, but business clothes, and fancy dress.

My phone began to buzz as I was sat on top of my suitcase trying to zip it closed. I reached into my pocket and answered.

"Hello?" I answered, switching tactics and kneeling on the case instead.

"Miran...have you packed yet?" Jumin asked.

"Almost. I'm kneeling on the suitcase right now," I explained. I started to jump a little trying to press the suitcase together.

"You know you can use two suitcases right?" Jumin answered.

"I only have one," I sighed.

"We'll have to fix that then, won't we? Can't have you struggling," Jumin answered.

"It's not that big of a deal. I got this," I answered. The suitcase began to close as if it were trying to prove Jumin wrong along with me.

"Got it!" I exclaimed into the phone.

"I'm glad, Miran. I was wondering though, if you'd like to come over tonight and we can just leave from my penthouse Sunday night."

"Of course," I sighed in relief. I was starting to feel a little cooped up. I'd rather feel cooped up in a penthouse though.

"Oh, good. I was just getting in the car, so..." Jumin mumbled. I smirked a little.

"I'll meet you when you get here," I chuckled.

"Okay," He answered, hanging up. It wasn't but minutes until there was the knock at my door. I grabbed my suit case, and the small bag of clothes I had packed for tonight and headed to the door. There was Jumin in his usual pin striped suit waiting for me.

"Miran," he mumbled, before kissing me with enough force I had to brace myself. As he released, he took the suitcase from me and walked slowly over to the elevator. In the time it had taken me to recover, he had whipped out his phone and began texting. The messaging system looked beyond standard security and was intense.

We waited for the elevator and then repeated the process 20 minutes later when we arrived at his penthouse. I was concerned they way Jumin was furiously texting away, but the moment we walked into the penthouse, he sat it down and looked at me.

"I'm sorry. I'm just handling some business," he sighed.

"No, go ahead. Is it V I asked?" A little confused.

"Yes. It's...he's...god. He's having some medical problems and he won't let me help. It's just frustrating."

"I can only imagine," I responded. I sat down at the breakfast bar, waiting for Jumin. Minutes turned to hours, and I had resorted to playing with Elizabeth. Jumin was still stood in his kitchen, typing away.

I took my small bag of clothes and headed upstairs, changing into my pajamas. I don't know if Jumin will be offended or happy that I decided to sleep in his bed without asking. I hope happy.

I woke up around 2am to the sound of Jumin finally climbing into the bed. His arms met my waist, and he pulled me close. "Are you awake?" He asked.

"Mmm," I murmured in response.

"So...barely," he chuckled. "I just wanted to apologize."

"Mmmhmm," I sleepily answered.

"I'll tell fully awake you in the morning."

"Mmhmm," I groaned.

Jumin kissed the back of my head and kept me close.