Chapter 51

As I waited for Jaehee, I felt the temptation to look myself up. Jumin said I should do it sometimes, so I did. And I started by looking at that old article: Miran Bae and Jumin Han | The (Unconfirmed) History of Korea's Newest (and hottest) Couple

I scrolled down to see if there were any updates, to see just two more changes.

Unconfirmed rumors state that the two are engaged after the trip. We hear wedding bells and can't wait to hear the good news!

[Update]: Unfortunately, unconfirmed rumors also are suggesting the couple may have broken up. Rejected proposal? Unfortunate trip? Ex-lovers even? We need to know!

I sighed clicking back to the search results. The page refreshed, suddenly showing the new pictures of me from today. I clicked on images and saw the page flooded with images of someone zoomed in on my hand showing the ring. I nervously headed to twitter and saw I was trending in South Korea.

Sure enough, people were obsessing. Someone had already even cross referenced his mother's engagement photos with my ring itself.

I closed the internet...maybe forever. Seeing people obsess over me, and my relationship is genuinely interesting...but also incredibly terrifying. I headed up to the counter and ordered a coffee, taking my place at a seat by the window as I waited for Jaehee. I sighed as it began to rain, and I sipped my coffee.

As if to come to my rescue before I truly began brooding, Jaehee ran up to the cafe, her briefcase covering her hair. She smiled as she saw me inside. She walked inside and sat down across from me.

"Miran. Long time, no see," She smiled.

"I know. I'm glad you texted. I know how busy you are, and I never want to bother you," I explained.

"Never worry about bothering me. Mr. Han bothers," She shrugged.

"Jumin's...a lot, sometimes," I answered, drinking my coffee.

"But you handle him well. Really well. You bring out the best in him. He's changed quite a lot. I mean, he still bothers me, but he's far less demanding. He still wants the best for the company, but he's willing to falter. He listens, and he cares. I mean...when you're not with him properly, even momentarily, he seems to slip into bad habits like getting to work far too early, and leaving far too late. When you're there though..." Jaehee trailed off.

"You look like you need some coffee though, still," I answered, gently touching her hand. She smiled.

"I do love coffee..." She sighed. She got up, and headed to the register. She got herself a small coffee and headed back to the table.

She looked more nervous now.

"Are you stalling, Jaehee?" I asked.

She nodded. She sipped her coffee.

"I suppose I'm quite obvious," she giggled softly. "Mr. Han did not ask me to meet with you, although I imagine that will be your first thought. In fact, if he was aware of the true nature of this meeting he would likely fire me."

"Jaehee...what?" I asked confused.

"There are two things. The first is that I'm concerned Mr. Han may be considering stepping down from his role, at least in its full capacity."

"I would never allow that."

"I'm sure...so that's why I thought I would warn you. Perhaps you can talk him out of it? Without revealing who gave you this information, of course," She smiled.

"Absolutely, Jaehee," I answered. She gave a huge sigh of relief, before suddenly becoming nervous again.

"And the second thing is that, being Mr. Han's fiancée and all...which by the way, congratulations. Mr. Han told me before he even asked his mom for the ring about his plans. I expect that's not all though. He has a tendency to want things perfect and he's going to-"