Chapter 36

I woke up with my head pressed into Jumin's neck and he stared at his phone. He was just in the home screen as if he were waiting for something a reply. "I'm sorry," Jumin sighed upon realizing I was awake.

"What?" I asked. Jumin must've given up on the reply because he immediately put this phone to the side.

"I'm sorry for spending all of my time on the phone. It's V. And everyone else for that matter."

"It's okay," I answered. "But...I thought this organization of yours...they just do parties don't they?"

"They do...but we are all quite close nevertheless. When something happens to someone, we react. And something is happening to V."

"Is V okay?" I asked.

"He will be."

"And you? Are you okay?" I asked.

Jumin adjusted himself so that he could look me directly in the eyes. "I will be. It will take some time. Just like anything, it takes time," he said softly. He took my hand in his and just pressed it softly to his face. He took a deep breath and smiled a little.

"You'll make it easier to be okay," Jumin sighed. He put his phone on the nightstand, and looked at me tucked under the covers. "You're up too early."

"I am?" I questioned.

"We don't leave until 2 this afternoon. It's 7am."

"Well...that just gives us more hours together," I said.

"Don't be so sweet," Jumin said, smiling a little. His black hair was messy, spread across his head wildly instead of his usual slick and managed style. His eyes had circles around them, as though he'd been up all night. I remember him crawling into bed...he must've only slept a little.

"Thank you," Jumin whispered.

"What?" I asked confused.

"For caring about me. I thought it was just a dream to think I could have someone willing to be by my side."

"Well, this certainly feels like a dream," I mumbled.

"Don't be silly. This is much better," Jumin responded. "C'mon. So long as you're awake, let's go have some coffee."

We headed downstairs, and Jumin headed straight to the coffee machine. He started brewing a pot, and then kneeled down by Elizabeth. He placed the plate of sashimi down in front of her. I couldn't help but crack a smile as Jumin set a row of cucumbers on the plate. He gave her a soft pet on the head.

"I wonder if she gets airsickness..." Jumin mumbled.

"If she does, I'll help."

"I hope you would. It would be a little sad if the only vet on the plane just watched her vomit over and over again," Jumin chuckled.

"You don't know if I'll be the only vet."

"We're going to be the only two on the plane except for the staff...so...yes I do," Jumin said, looking at me confused, as the coffee maker beeped.

"Were going on a private jet?" I near shouted.

"Yes...of course," Jumin said, oblivious to my shock as he poured two cups of coffee.

"I've never been on one of those," I sighed.

"I thought your father is a business man?" Jumin asked confused. He sat down next to me, placing the cup in front of me.

"Yes. Well, he's a lawyer but a lawyer for a business at that. He's certainly not as wealthy as your family."

"Well, where have you travelled before anyway?" Jumin asked genuinely curious. We both took sips of our coffee, which gave me a second to think about how to break the news to him.

"Well...um....you see uh...well...haha..." I began to stumble. I could see Jumin giving me a death glare. "I've never travelled before, Jumin."

Jumin nearly spat out his coffee. "Surely, you just mean by plane. You must've take a ferry to China or something."

"No...I mean period," I explained. "My mother didn't want me to get used to the lifestyle. The longest trip I've been on is to my grandparents in Busan."

"So you've been in Seoul for your whole life?" Jumin asked genuinely concerned.

"I mean...I lived in some rural areas before, and I had a stint in Busan during one particularly bad argument my mother had with my father," I sighed.

"How long was this stint?" Jumin asked a little concerned.

"6 months."

"Your parents had a 6 month long argument?"

I suppose that does sound a little ridiculous, doesn't it? "My father and mother have been operating like two separate people in the same house for most of life, although they finally moved apart. When I was about 9 my dad told my mom he really wanted a divorce because he was going to marry this woman he had been dating for several months. My dad assumed they were separated, while my mom assumed they were still a couple, and called this an affair. She took me down to Busan so we could live with her parents. 6 months later my dad called and apologized. They came to a pretty contractual agreement that they were going to stay and act married until I got to college, and after that...anything was up for grabs."

"That's ridiculous. Parents shouldn't stay together at their child's expense," Jumin sighed sipping his coffee.

"Well...to be fair...they thought they were doing it for my benefit."

"Then it's ridiculous because they're stupid," Jumin groaned.

"You're not saying anything new," I replied. It's not a lie either. My parents could be internationally recognized for the stupidity it takes to stay married for so long. I love my parents though, and when you really get down to it, staying married is the only mistake they've ever made. The repercussions of that mistake though are extensive and ridiculous.

"What about you? What about your parents?" I asked.

"I'm the sole product of my father's romantic endeavors. Needless to say, my life has been a revolving door of women and disappointment. I'm happy having you though. I've never been so confident of a woman staying in my life than with you. I never thought I would ever let a girlfriend meet my father, because I was scared he would get to her too, but I have known since the very beginning that you are mine and mine alone," Jumin stated. He had that sly smirk on his face that I've come to identify as a smug happiness.

"Isn't it a sin to covet?" I winked.

"There are worse sins. I'll take this one in a heartbeat," Jumin answered. "Seriously, though. My biological motheralways suffered from mental health issues, and I haven't heard from her in a year. I think she must be traveling. I worry, though. I worry that sometimes I'll end up with a therapist like her, locked up, while my father wonders what has became of his only son."

"I don't think you'll end up like that. Even if you do, I'll be there."

"I'm thankful for that," Jumin said, taking my hand. "I want to marry you. One day. One day soon. Preferably, today, but I know that won't happen. I want to have you. Next to me. For the rest of my life. Constantly. Not because I deserve you. It's the opposite, really. I want to take care of you so that I can thank you for everything you are."

"One day, Jumin," I responded. I didn't laugh or giggle at him. This isn't a joke or an exaggeration. This is the reality of him, and this is how he feels.

I like the way he feels.