Chapter 2

The first morning living with two gods is... terrifying. I've never been more self-conscious.

I wake up at my normal time, at eight A.M. I put on an outfit, and cautiously walk downstairs. I hear the shower running. How long have they been up?

I notice that their bedroom door is open. I curiously peek inside for a second. I'm surprised to see they have a bunk bed. They have such a big house; Why do they need to share a room?

I shrug it off. By now, I've noticed that they are very close. I wonder just how close they could be.

Just as I wonder that, the bathroom door opens, and they both walk out. Thankfully, they are wearing bath towels.

Very close, apparently. I almost giggle at the fact that they apparently shower together.

"Morning, Shadow," says Phareth, petting my hair.

I instinctively move away from his hand. I don't feel comfortable enough to let him touch me. He looks at me with a sad frown, and they walk into their room together, presumably to get dressed. I walk to the living room.

I once again look at the picture in the living room. How can anyone be so close? It seems almost impossible.

It occurs to me that of course it seems impossible; I've never been anywhere near that close with anyone. I can't even imagine how it must feel to trust someone so much.

I suddenly feel jealous. I wish I could be able to trust someone as much as they trust each other.

Phareth and Tsareth leave their room, and they walk to the kitchen. Phareth turns on the stove, and starts cooking.

Tsareth looks at me. He must notice how uncomfortable I look, because he raises his eyebrow.

"You okay, Shadow?" he asks.

What am I supposed to say? Does he actually care?

"Oh! Um. Yeah," I say, snapping back to attention.

"Are you hungry?" Asks Phareth.

"I guess a little," I say.

He flips a pancake with the spatula. I hear the skillet sizzling.

"I'm making pancakes over here."

I walk over, cautiously, and Phareth hands me a plate. I cautiously take it.

"Awww, you don't need to look so scared," says Phareth.

His voice sounds like the way you'd talk to a young child. I wonder why they would talk to me in such a way. I know Phareth and Tsareth aren't like other deities, but it doesn't make sense for them to treat me so nice; I'm just a mortal.

I try to eat my pancake. I eat noticeably slowly. When I'm done, Phareth takes the plate and puts it, and his own plate into the sink.

"Bro, it's your turn to do the dishes," he says.

Tsareth rolls his eyes.

"No, it was my turn yesterday! It's your turn today."

"That's a lie," says Phareth, immediately. It sounds like he's blurting it out.

Tsareth grabs Phareth in a headlock, and they wrestle each other to the ground. At first, I fear that they're actually trying to hurt each other. Then, they both start laughing.

After a few minutes they get up.

"Oh! That reminds me!" says Tsareth, suddenly becoming serious.

Phareth turns on the sink and begins to wash the dishes.

"What is it?" Asks Phareth.

"We forgot about her cilite!" says Tsareth.