Chapter 8

"You can't hide from me long, child. I'll catch you soon enough," says an evil masculine voice.

I run, but I don't know where to go. I am suddenly grabbed by someone. I hear an evil laugh as I am thrown into a black pit.

~

"Shadow, are you okay? Wake up!" says Phareth.

My eyes shoot open. Phareth is standing over me with a panicked look on his face. It takes me a moment to remember where I am. When I do, I sit up. My Messenger says that it is 2:46 A.M.

"I heard you screaming in your sleep. Are you alright? Did you have a nightmare?" asks Phareth.

"I was being chased by someone," I say.

"Do you want me to make you some tea? It might help you go back to sleep," says Phareth.

"That'd be nice, actually," I say.

"Come downstairs with me," says Phareth.

He doesn't wait for me to get up; He picks me up, and carries me downstairs. Once we are in the kitchen, he sets me down, and turns on the tea kettle.

"What kind of tea do you want?" asks Phareth.

"Black tea," I say.

He takes out a teabag, and god-sized teacup, which is about the size of a normal mug for a mortal.
Soon, the tea kettle starts whistling. Phareth pours the tea into the cup, and puts some sugar into it.
He gives it to me.

"I think I'll even make myself some. This tea is delicious," says Phareth.

I hear Tsareth walk out.

"What's all the racket? Shadow? Bro? Are you two having a tea party? asks Tsareth.

"You want some tea, too?" asks Phareth.

He pours Tsareth a cup.

"Thanks but... why are you guys drinking tea at three in the morning?" asks Tsareth.

"Shadow had a nightmare, and I thought tea might help her get back to sleep," says Phareth.

"A nightmare? Do you still have that plushie we gave you? That might help," says Tsareth.

"I think it's on my dresser," I say.

"C'mon, I'll even tuck you in," says Tsareth.

He picks me up, and carries me to my room. When we get there, he sets me down, and pulls the covers onto me and kisses me on the forehead.

"Goodnight, Shadow," says Tsareth.

It isn't long before I close my eyes and fall asleep.

#

"Where are you, little Shadow? Do you think you can escape? Not for long, child. Give yourself up now, and I won't hurt you too much," says an evil voice.
I'm in a maze, being chased by a shadow.

"I've found you. Hello, child,"

#

"Shadow, are you alright?" asks Phareth.
My eyes shoot open. I'm hyperventilating. Phareth pulls me in for a hug.

"It's okay, I've got you," says Phareth.

"I heard an evil voice in my dream," I say.

Phareth freezes, his hand an inch from my hair, which he was about to stroke. His face seems to be slightly horrified.
"Shadow, I want you to go back to sleep. I am a god of dreams. I'm going to sleep next to you so I can go inside your dream and watch," says Phareth.