Chapter 11

While they eat breakfast, I can't help but notice that Phareth and Tsareth seem pretty paranoid.

"Are you guys okay?" I ask.

"We just haven't seen Visphione in days. That's all. I know she's in a coma, but we get anxious when we don't see her. I hope she's alright," says Phareth.

"I'm sure she's okay," I say.

"Maybe we should go visit her in the hospital," says Phareth.

"Eldwinus would never let us leave. He wouldn't let his two estranged sons and the visionary away from his watch," says Tsareth.

"He's too busy planning a party later. He won't even know we're gone. He didn't even notice when we went on a week-long class trip when we were fifteen," says Phareth.

"Fine, let's go," says Tsareth.

We exit the palace, and walk over to the truck. I half expect Eldwinus to have done something to the truck to prevent us from leaving, but it seems untouched.

We get inside, and start to drive.

We don't drive far. Soon, we pull up to a large hospital. We get out of the truck, and head inside.

The person at the front desk looks at me with an odd look.

"No mortals allowed. Hospital policy," says the woman.

"Why not? She's our conciliator," says Phareth.

"Mortals are filthy beings. They are not permitted into this hospital," says the woman.

Tsareth looks like he wants to give her a piece of his mind, but Phareth puts his hand on his shoulder to stop him.
"Sorry, Shady. You're going to have to sit this one out," says Phareth.

"She can wait in the waiting room. I will keep an eye on her," says the woman.

I feel a little sad as they leave, but I don't do anything. I feel so powerless. I sit in a god sized chair, and pick up one of the coloring books. I use the crayons, but they are almost too big for my hands, and they aren't very good quality.
I suddenly get a very bad feeling. I jump out of the chair, and start pacing.

My vision shows me a scene. It's the hospital, but it's the room where Visphione, Phareth, and Tsareth are in.

The room suddenly explodes into flames. Thermapondreix breaks into the room, sword in hand. He steals the essence of some of the nurses, before grabbing Visphione.
My vision returns to normal.

My hands are shaking. I know that this means Thermapondreix is in the building.

Vision, where is he?

My vision shows me a room. It also gives me a sense of where to go.

I follow that sense, even though the woman tells me to stop.

I run down a hallway, and up a staircase.

A few nurses, a doctor, and the woman from the front desk are now chasing me as if I'm an escaped dog. I sure feel like one.

I sense that Thermapondreix is very close.

I feel so stupid. What am I planning to do once I find him? Fight him with my empathy powers by making him sad?
I finally spot Thermapondreix in front of Visphione's hospital room. He hasn't noticed me. Maybe I can sneak up on him.

Just as I think that, a nurse grabs the back of my shirt.
"Not so fast! Get back to the- Ther... Thermapondreix....? In here?!" screams the nurse.

She drops me and makes a run for it.

Thermapondreix looks at me. Well, any option of sneaking up on him is now out the window.