Chapter 13

Phareth doesn't talk for a while. Eventually, he leaves too.
I feel frustrated. What are they hiding from me?!

It's pretty obvious that me and Casnie have some kind of connection. Was she another visionary? A distant ancestor?
I decide to take matters into my own hands.

If Phareth and Tsareth won't tell me anything, I know one other person who might: Eldwinus. Casnie used to be Eldwinus's servant.

Where do I find him? He usually doesn't show himself unless he's bossing us around, or for a meeting, or something else important.

What does Eldwinus do in his free time?

I try to use my vision to see where he is. Thankfully, he seems to be sitting still. It looks like he's in his room.

I don't know where his room is, but it isn't very hard to find it. All I have to do is ask my vision to show me the way.
I follow it to a pair of double doors. They are guarded by two god guards.

"What do you want, mortal?" asks one of the guards.
"I want to talk to Eldwinus," I say.

"Too bad. He's busy," says the guard.

"Doing what?" I ask.

"He's writing something for the next Union meeting. He needs to focus," says the guard.

"He has no reason to talk to a mere mortal," says the other guard.

I sigh.

I'll have to talk to him later.

I leave. Where else can I find information about Casnie?
Whenever I get near a place that Casnie has memories about, I always have a flashback.

Vision, you wouldn't happen to know anything, would you?

I can't tell you. Phareth and Tsareth don't want you to know.

You can't tell me something that someone else doesn't want me to know?

Unfortunately not.

That sucks.

Where could I possibly find more information about Casnie?

I decide to look around the palace for things that might trigger a flashback.

As I walk, I come across a wall that feels familiar.

#

I scrub the wall. My fingers already ache from scrubbing so hard, and I've barely made a dent in the crayon scribbles that Phareth and Tsareth made on the wall.
I turn around. Three year old Phareth and Tsareth are giggling. Whenever I am mad, their giggles always somehow manage to put me back in a good mood no matter how serious I try to be.

#

I wake up on the floor. What does this flashback mean?

This flashback is meaningless. It tells me almost nothing about Casnie, except she often had to clean up after Phareth and Tsareth.

I walk into the bathroom. Surely she must remember something in here.

#

I wash my hands. They are covered in cuts. That's nothing compared to the bruises on my face.

I look in the mirror. I have brown hair, and brown eyes. I hear someone walk into the room. I turn around to see my god, Vailes.

"Vailes," I say, relieved. I run over to hug him.

He scoops me into his arms, and hugs me.