Be satisfied《Marco x reader ➼ Angst》

When I saw this image, I thought it was perfect..... maybe just replace Star with you or something. Up to you. It's your imagination dear readers. 

This is kind of an angst? Idk. I've never written angst b4.

Age: 20?

Fyi:

(Y/n) - your name

(E/c) - eye colour

Hamilton au

=====================================

Your sister, Star Butterfly, was finally getting married to Marco Diaz. Her husband. And the man that you secretly admired. 

You were desperately in love with him, ever since you first met him. You didn't believe it at first but then you realised that you had fallen head over heels with him at first sight. You fell in love with his charming smile, chocolate eyes and kind face. And you were secretly hoping that he would love you back.

Ever since you heard that they were getting married, your heart shattered. But it was expected. Who would ever love you, (Y/N) Butterfly, the forgotten princess of Mewni.

You were never as beautiful as your sister after all. Yes it's true that you were here twin but you were so much different than her. 

You were never as cheerful.

You always wore "duller" clothes.

Your skin had less shine.

Your hair was not so "full of life".

And lastly,

You were not the first in line to the throne. Yes, you were rich nonetheless but money couldn't buy you your first love.

Plus... you were the maid of honour, and your sister wanted you to make a toast. 

It shattered you even more.

It took a few fake smiles and attitudes to convince your sister that you were "fine". But who were you to blame? It's not your fault that love could be so difficult.

=====================================

On the day of the wedding...

=====================================

(Y/N)'s POV

Everywhere around me was so... joyful. Why couldn't my life be like that? Am I not good enough to exist? They don't call me the "forgotten princess" for nothing. 

Who am I kidding. Thinking that he could love a nobody like me? I dream too big. Might as well dream smaller.

I was still trying to wrap my head around everything that has happened. 

Marriage.

Love.

Toast.

Nobody.

What has been up with me?

My train of thought was then interrupted by the clinking of a champagne glass.

"Alright, alright!" Tom shouted, trying to get the attention through the sea of noise. "That's what I'm talkin' about! Now everyone, give it up for the maid of honour, (Y/N) Butterfly!!"

I put on a smile. A genuine one because I'm happy that my sister is the luckiest girl in the dimension to get a guy like him. 

"A toast to the groom!" I sang, voice ringin' loud and clear through the room.