Cuddles!《Varian x reader ➼ Fluff》Pt. 1

Ok, I know I said that I was going to do a Rocket Raccoon x reader oneshot scenarios, but I got another request and the Rocket ones were taking a while so.... this is like those fill in oneshots, that won't keep you guys waiting for long... hopefully. Well, onto the story!

Oneshot requested by: Avalon_The_Dragon

Enjoy~

⚠️ Warning ⚠️:

▫️I included some new additions, just to make this oneshot go smoothly. And I know that Old Corona doesn't have village elders, but just for the fun of it, it does now! :D

▫️Reader and Varian's age: 16 years old

▫️This is part 1. There will be a part 2.

Being the daughter of one of Old Corona's village elders was not easy. You had to sort out all sorts of problems and kinks of the place just to get the village up and running smoothly. And unfortunately, your father, one of the most important and intelligent of the village elders, was ill, Making you the next one in line (to be king. Jkjk. K I'll stop now.) to be a village elder. 

16 years old was a tad too young to be a village elder, but everyone depended on you. They needed someone wise. And unfortunately, out of the seven village elders, you're father was the wisest ones. All of the village elders had their own skill. Strength, bravery, honour, strategy, wisdom, compassion and honesty. Even though these were just qualities, each village elder had one as their major skill, and sadly, yours was now wisdom. You all had your code names according to skill. And ironically, the village elders seemed to get younger as the generations passed. 

Strength was the leader, being the strongest and his co-leader was bravery and thank god, the two worked hand in hand. Honour and Strategy weren't the best together, since whenever they had to make a plan, honour always needed the honour in for it in the end. Wisdom and Compassion were like mother and child, Compassion being the wiser one, emotionally, and Wisdom, who happened to be you now, the more naïve one towards emotion. And Honesty? Well, she mainly just hung out with Compassion and Wisdom. 

You woke up early in the morning, 6 to be exact, and stretched your limbs out. Everyone would have still been asleep except for the leader, Strength. He was always up the longest, compared to the rest of the members. You quickly got changed and ready and raced down the stairs to the door quietly, to not wake up your exhausted mother and ill father. 

After stepping out the door, you saw Strength passing by, and you waved your hand to signal a 'hello' as you ran over. 

"Hey, Quirin!" You grinned cheerfully. You had never been formal with any of the members, and they were fine with it, as long as you didn't call them weird and punny nicknames. 

"Good Morning, (Y/N). How are you? And how's you dad?" Quirin asked, smiling softly. To you Quirin was like your second dad. Not that you wanted to replace your current one or anything... 

You smiled sadly, knowing that he might not make it out of this disease this time. But instead of telling Quirin the truth, you lied through your teeth. "Yeah, he's... he's fine..." Quirin could tell that something was wrong, but decided to shrug it off anyways. "I'll need to take care of him this afternoon anyways," you continued. "My mum's gonna go grocery shopping." 

Quirin nodded his head, but then came up with an idea. "Hey (Y/N)?" "Yeah?" You responded, lifting up your head to look at him. "Why not my son, Varian, come over and help you with your dad?" Your eyes widened. "You mean, the one that's mainly causing the troubles in Old Corona?" You gulped. Quirin grimaced at your comment. "Yeah... sorry bout that." "It's ok." You answered. "Not everyone can control their mistakes."

You thought about the offer for a few minutes before a clear answer came to your head. "Sure, Quirin. Varian can come, as long as he doesn't cause trouble." Quirin smiled softly. "Thank you so much, (Y/N). My son needs to socialise more anyways." He thanked you. You smiled.

"No problemo."

K so... that's part 1 all done and ready to go, now comes part 2.

Word count: 588 words