Cuddles!《Varian x reader ➼ Fluff》Pt. 2

Yes, this is part 2. 

Was requested by: Avalon_The_Dragon

Enjoy!

Chemicals were all over the place, some beakers and test tubes were full of them. Most of the chemicals would've been considered dangerous if you weren't a chemist. Luckily, the chemicals were handled well by a particular 16 year old.

Varian was in the lab, carefully dropping in a drop of a green liquid to mix with some... blue liquid, whatever that was. "Steady now..." he whispered to himself as he had to make sure that exactly one drop went into the beaker with the blue solution. Right at that moment, a furry tail tickled his neck, making flinch and accidentally add 2 drops instead of one.

"Ruddiger!" Varian scolded the furry, brown coloured raccoon, once he noticed the mixture bubbling up, preparing to explode. Not long after, there was mini explosion going off in the tiny lab, making it harder to see, as the room was filled with smoke. 

Varian tried to fan away the clouds of smoke, coughing while trying to do so, his little furry partner, feeling dizzy behind. "Great," he groaned. "Dad's gonna kill me. So will the village elders." Right at that moment, Quirin entered coughing up a storm, and then sighed out of exasperation.

"Son, what were you doing this time?" Quirin asked Varian, leaving varian a little scared and nervous to answer. "Uhhh.... h-hi, d-dad. I u-uh noticed the heat in Old Corona isn't the best when it comes to heating up water, s-so, I-I decided to make a new... uh... chemical? I guess, t-to h-heat up the wat-ter quicker. S-sorry dad." Varian looked down in disappointment.

Quirin sighed as he kneeled down to his son's height. "Varian, I know I've told you many times to stop with the chemicals, and you don't really listen. So I'm going to let it slide this one time, but if it happens again, you are explaining to the other village elders to why there was an explosion, including (Y/N)."

Varian slowly nodded, knowing not to do that again... anytime soon. Quirin sighed as he said his next sentences. "Varian, please pack your things. I need to sort some things out in the village, so I need you to help (Y/N) take care of her father. Her mum's going into out with the groceries. If you don't want to help (Y/N), you're helping with their groceries." 

Varian violently shook his head, not wanting (Y/N)'s mum interrogating him about anything. He speedily kept his things and snuck Ruddiger in as well. He was then accompanied by Quirin and the two of them walked together, heading towards the old hut of the (L/N)'s. 

A few minutes later, they had arrived at your house. Quirin knocked on the door gently, as the door immediately swung open right after, revealing a pretty (h/c), standing at the doorway. Varian fidgeted a little, feeling a little awkward, since you guys hadn't talked to each other ever since you're dad fell sick. 

You eyes widened a little, surprised to see them at your door so soon. "Oh hey Quirin," you smiled a little, then you turned to the 16 year old. "Hi Varian." Varian nervously waved and grinned as he waved back, and you saw the most cuddly looking raccoon around his feet.  

You smiled kindly as you bent down to pet the furry animal. "Hey Ruddiger." The raccoon hummed in delight as you started to scratch behind his ears. Varian smiled softly at the sight. He missed you so much, but he was too oblivious to realise it. Same goes to you.

You soon realised that your guests were still standing outside of your house and you quickly apologised and let them both in. Quirin refused, statin that he was only there to drop off Varian and head off to help the other villagers with the heavy work. Varian, on the other hand, immediately dashed into your house to avoid any social contact with you.

As soon as Quirin left, you shut the door and rushed over to your dad's side, not noticing or remembering that you had another 16 year old in the house. Standing by your parent's doorway, Varian could only hear your soft sobs, as you cried over your unconscious father. No one had known, but your father was in a coma, and only your mother and you were around to know what happened. 

"(Y/N)?" Varian called out softly. You immediately whipped your head around, tears still rolling down your cheeks. "Varian?" you asked while rubbing your now widened eyes. "What're you doing here?" Varian hesitated to answer. "I-I actually just came to ask you whether you needed help with taking care of your dad." "Oh..." You were visibly saddened by your father's health condition.

"Hey Varian?" you asked, hoping that he would understand what you were about to ask from him. "Yeah?" He answered back, hoping to help you. "Could you... could you please not tell anyone else about this? The death or misfortune of a village elder should not be mentioned to the villagers." Varian hesitated once again. "Sure, sure. Anything to make you feel better."

You smiled slightly now, but alas, it was a sad smile. The smile that wasn't the one that made Varian's heart flutter a little when he saw you. He smiled sadly back at you and went to help you cook in the kitchen, the both of you bonding and mending your lost friendship...

 ☾

Your dad has been gone for two months now, the funeral, nearly two and a half. You had never cried so much without him. Your mum remained stoic, but you knew that she wanted to be strong for you, or your dad, and for your family. 

Varian visited less frequently, as he understood to why you wouldn't be social, after all, he was your best friend. He kept on understanding until you started to mistreat yourself. You stopped eating regularly, and over time stopped eating at all. You stopped talking with him and he started to stress and worry about you.

But today, he was going to help you and you were going to let him help you.

Varian knocked three times on the door, calling out your name. He knew that your mum was at work since she decided to take up the role of the elder, saying you weren't prepared yet. When you didn't answer the first time, he knocked again. And again. And again. Since you weren't answering he begun to panic. "(Y/N)?! Are you there?!" Still no answer.

He began to panic even more and came to the last resort. He was going to bust your door down. "It's ok, Varian. Just bust the door down. She'll understand, after all, I'm doing this for her." He prep talked himself, trying his best not to back down from helping you at all.

He screamed as he bust down the door, and immediately began running towards your room when he entered, thankfully not breaking the door. His search was frantic as he panicked to find you soon. 

He ran past your room accidentally but ran back only to find you fainted, out of starvation. He slowly picked you up and brought to it of your room to lay you on your home's couch and quickly made some soup for you. (nYoOm)

He patiently put some spoonfuls of soup into your mouth until the bowl was empty and he hoped that you would wake up soon, hoping that that amount of soup would satisfy your hunger. Slowly but surely, you did wake up, and boy were you feeling more dizzy than ever. 

Realisation hit you and the next thing you knew, you whispered, "Dad's gone." And burst into more tears than you ever cried before. Varian, knowing what you felt like since he had lost his dad to the amber, had empathised and immediately went to comfort you. 

You sobbed violently into his chest as he hugged you, the smell of cinnamon invading your senses and you calmed down, eventually. Being smaller than him, it was only your nature to snuggle further into his warmth, hoping that the cold reality of your father's death was just another of nature's cruel illusions. 

But it wasn't.

You let the truth hit you hard in the face like a brick wall and immediately tugged harder onto Varian's shirt. He pet your head and whispered gentle words into your ears until you calmed down again. And that was how every other day went from then on.

You and Varian just cuddling together, in the warmth of your home. 

Next one-shot: Danny Phantom x halfa! Reader

Sorry that I haven't been updating often, but I'm trying my best. Author's block has been a bitch to me so I'm making the most of it. 

Avalon_The_Dragon, sorry for the long wait... :(