Chapter 48

| Hermione's P.O.V. |

Draco and I walk into the tent with the spaghetti all ready. We walk past Gin, Harry and Ron, to the kitchen. I set down the pot on the table as Draco is getting plates.

"Gin, Harry, Ron! Dinner," I call. I find a spoon and serve the noodles onto the plates. I pour some marinara sauce on top and dish up a couple meatballs.

"Draco, can you go make sure the fire's put out?" I ask.

"Sure," he says and heads out of the tent. Ginny, Harry and Ron walk over and sit at the table.

"Wow, Hermione, this looks amazing!" Ginny says. I've finished serving everybody. I sit down next to Ginny. Across from me is Ron and across from Gin is Harry. Draco comes back into the tent and sits next to me. Ron and Harry have already dug in and Ginny just started. I see Ron's eating habits haven't changed.

After about 15 minutes, Ron is taking seconds. Shortly after is Harry. After a little bit more, I find myself scooping out seconds too. We hardly talk because we're basically always have our mouths full. I look over at the pot of the pasta only to see it empty. I take a huge swallow.

"I don't think I've ever eaten this much in my life. I think I just made up the lack of food from when I skipped a meal!" I say. I see Ginny take a bite of spaghetti. Then she pushes her plate to the middle of the table. Ron scoops her leftovers onto his plate. I roll my eyes. If marrying food was a thing, I'm positive Ron would do it. I take three more bites then I suddenly feel full. I stack my plate on top of Ginny's. Draco looks at my plate then at me.

"May I?" He asks. I nod. He scoops my spaghetti off of my plate and onto his. After a couple minutes, Harry stacks his empty plate on top of the stack.

"That was one of the best meals I've had in ages," he says. I smile.

"Thanks," I say. Ron takes a few more bites to clear his plate, then stacks it on the pile. Draco does the same. We all get up and head to the couches. I really want sleep. I go over to my bunk and take my pajamas that Ginny packed for me and draw the curtain as the others go sit around the radio for a bit. My pajamas are a big T-Shirt and cotton shorts. I pull the curtain back and I see that no one's fighting at the radio. Ginny gets up and goes and draws the curtain again. Harry gets up and goes to his side of the tent and draws his curtain too. I go and sit down next to Draco. Ron is sitting on the recliner. Ginny and Harry must've been sharing the two person couch. Draco puts his arm around me. Ron exhales loudly. A weather report comes onto the news station that we're listening to.

"Clear night, tonight. With a slight breeze, the current temperature is 48. Quite cold out there, but typical November-ish weather," the announcer says. Wow. It's around November already? Ginny and Harry come back from changing and Ron hops up. He draws his curtain.

"Can I use your curtain to dress behind?" Draco mumbles in my ear. I nod. He lifts his arm off of me and walks over to his bag, takes his clothes and then to my side of the tent. I knew from the moment he lifted his arm off of me that I was cold. Even though he is just on the other side of the tent, my body aches for him. I don't think my past self would ever believe that I'd be thinking thoughts like this about Draco Malfoy. She would've thought that I was under a love potion or something. But by now, the potion would've worn off. My feelings are real.