Chapter 66

Hermione's POV

"Okay, Professor, everything is all set! Thank you so much for doing this for us!" I exclaim. I had just finished booking our hotel rooms and advanced tickets to tourist attractions. The 6 of us made a vote of our top 3 places to go and unfortunately for me, no museums were involved.
"No, no, thank you for helping me! Now I'd understand if you want to go run off to your friends. In fact I'm now shooing you out of my office. You deserve to be happy that you're going on a vacation this summer!" McGonagall says. I get up from my chair and walk out of the room with lots of thank you's and apologies. When the professor shuts the door, I stand for a moment. My mind feels a bit different. Perhaps a headache. I shrug to myself. Maybe it'll go away soon. I decide to run back to the common room. And I really mean run.

I burst through the portrait hole and find Harry, Ginny, and Ron on the couch.
"You guys, everything is all set! We're officially going to Jamaica!" I exclaim. I love traveling and flying and the feeling of adventure in general. Except when the adventure has more of a risk of you dying, like more than being shot, or a forced adventure, like being held hostage.
"Thank you 'Mione for helping! I'm so excited!" Ginny says.
"You're welcome, Gin!" I say. "You too, boys."
"Oh yeah thanks," Ron says.
"Thanks," Harry says. I smile.
We sit there chatting for a while. Then the portrait door creaks open again. I turn around and see Draco in his Quidditch robes.
"Hey," I say.
"Hello," he replies.
"We're officially going to Jamaica!" I exclaim. He grins.
"Great!" He says. I study him for a moment. The look in his eyes is different than when he's really paying attention to me.

"What're you thinking?" I ask softly.

"Oh, uh, um, nothing?" Draco stammers. I laugh. He clears his throat. "Uh, I mean, nothing," he says, trying to be manly. I keep laughing until he shuts me up with a kiss. His hands rest at my hips and my arms are dangled around his neck.

"Ugh, get a room," remarks a boy who walks by.

Green tie, shitty attitude, must be a Slytherin...

"Fuck off, Larry," Draco curses. The boy - Larry - smirks, chuckles and stalks off.

"But he's right, we should get a room," Draco whispers in my ear, loud enough that only I can bear. My face goes red.

"Draco!" I scold, swatting at his shoulder. He laughs and picks me up.
"Draco! Put me down!" He keeps laughing as he opens the door to his room. I stop struggling, feeling defeated. I look behind me to see Harry trying to talk to Ron, but Ron's eyes are focused on me. Before I can process any thoughts, Draco shuts the door. He continues to carry me over to his bed. He lays me down on his bed, but then crashes down on top of me, catching himself in a push up position. Draco lowers himself to his elbows.
"I have a little surprise planned for us in Jamaica," Draco says.
"What?!" I ask, excited. He chuckles.
"What do you not get about the word 'surprise'?" He says.
"Please? Even just a hint?" I beg.
"No," he denies.
"Please, baby?" I ask one more time. But this time I a pout with puppy-dog eyes. I hear Draco curse underneath his breath.
"I can't say no to you," he says. I start to smile.
"Here's a hint..." He says, pausing for suspense. "You ready?" I nod. "You're gonna love it!"
"Draco! That's not a hint!" I say.
"Yeah it is! And it's all you're going to get until 2 more months!"
"Can you give me another hint once a month until Jamaica?"
"Maybe."
"But you just said-"
He cuts me off with another kiss. I loose my train of thought and loose myself in him. Draco falls on me but rolls over while holding me right away so that I'm on top. The kiss deepens and I can feel the anxiousness radiating off of his body. I smile and kiss his neck. His hands slide under my shirt and go up my back. That's as far as I can remember before things got dirty. Other than falling asleep with my head on his shirtless chest.

I keep trying to get information about my surprise out of Draco for the next two months. He shows no sign of where he's hiding any gifts or jokes. Sometimes I catch him planning something in his head and not paying attention. But he still won't spill.

Draco's POV

Hermione will never guess or know what is going on in my mind. And the only hint I gave her, where I said that she'd love it, is the closest clue I can give unless I want her to find out. I can imagine it: on the beach, at sunset, the end where no one goes. It'll be perfect. And hopefully not too early. I don't know of the traditions or the norm of muggles of when this should happen but I want her to be mine.