Chapter 61

Hermione's POV

"But you're like a brother to me. I know you still love me like before, but I'm sorry, my feelings have changed. Fate or whatever has made it come to be that I got over my grudge with Draco and now I'm with him. I believe that everything happens for a reason. If it was meant for us to work out, it would've or will happen. I can't predict the future, Ron. I'd love to say that everyone's fairy tales come true, but I'd be lying." Ron just stares.

"Y-you said you chose M-Malfoy?" Ron stammers. I slowly nod. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. I want to give him a hug, but decide against it for now.

"But, he's a fucking ferret! And I love you!" Ron protests. Guilt and sadness rush over me too fast. I stumble half a step back. Ron grabs my wrist.

"I want you, Hermione. You deserve better than Malfoy," Ron whimpers. "Why do you even want to stay with him?"

"Because I've become more mature and have given someone a second chance. Or at least a first one. I spend so much time with him that I got to know him, his family, his past, his stories, his... Him. He's not that bad anyway! And are you sure you want me to answer your last question?" I explain. Ron nods. I take a breath.

"When he kisses me, it feels different than when you did. His touch makes butterflies immediately in my stomach, my skin catch fire. It makes me almost loose my breath." Ron's face pales.

"You asked for it," I mutter. He slowly nods before walking away in the opposite direction of the common room. Without a second thought, I dash off down the hall, take a left, right, right, left and through the door. I run straight ahead at my door to my room. I fling it open and it almost slams shut. I don't want anyone thinking something's up, so I catch the door before it slams. I close it gently and when I turn around, Draco is sitting on my bed. I flinch at first sight but crawl onto the bed with him. I let out a big sigh as I lie down the full length of the bed.

"Long day?" Draco asks.

"Totally. Not to mention Ron said he still loves me and that he didn't write the letter," I say. Draco's jaw drops. He puts his arms around me. I embrace his hug.

"What else?" He whispers in my ear.

"He said... He said he still loved me. He called you a ferret and said I could come back to him to get away from you. But I explained to him why I love you more-"

"And why's that?" Draco says with his famous smirk on his face. My face goes really red with embarrassment.

"Everything," I say. Draco rolls his eyes.

"Now really," he says, seeing through my joke. I laugh and tell him.

"Your kisses leave a different feel than his. But they're better," I say. Draco immediately kisses me. I start blushing and continue. "That when your shoulder brushes mine, butterflies erupt in my stomach and my skin catches fire. That you've changed. You're really sweet and loving when you want to but you can also kick some ass. You actually care. Not that Ron didn't. I think Ron didn't take our relationship as seriously because we were best friends before and we already knew basically everything about us so that left almost nothing to do."

"But you only kind of know me so I'm more I interesting to find things out from. And just out of curiosity, when's your birthday?" Draco says. I give him a puzzled look.

"September 19th, why?" I ask.

"Just wondering... Just wondering..." Is all he says. He seems deep in thought. I look at the time. 9:45 pm. It's a Saturday so there aren't any classes tomorrow. I might meet with Professor McGonagall to ask about missed work. I get up and walk over to my couch and lie down. I hear Draco start moving. Before I know if, my feet are being lifted and he sits down where my feet were and places my feet on his lap. He reaches over and strokes my cheek. A small smile forms on my face. His hand slides off my cheek and into my hair. He starts twirling a couple locks. I feel my eyelids getting heavy. I feel Draco get up from by my feet, but sit down again where my head would be. He had lifted it up and sat where it was and letting my head lay in his lap. As he was up, he must've gotten my blanket off my bed and he wrapped it around me. I snuggle into him and let myself fall asleep.