Chapter 56

Hermione's POV

I wanted to hear what Ron had to say outside, but I think Ginny could've been more important. I cannot believe I was so stupid though! I'm a freaking witch! The brightest witch of my age! And I couldn't think to use magic! I scold myself for literally always over thinking. I still make Draco scrub the floor where Ginny had done her mess. Draco and I lean with our backs against the couch once we're done with the floor, listening to Ginny, Harry and Ron speak. Well I think I might've tried at least. But the moment Draco put his lips on mine, the entire world disappeared except for me and him. I could feel myself melting. I let my mind loose. It wanders to a thought. Draco lied to McGonagall to come and get me. A few months ago, he would've been thrilled to have me gone. But he cares for me enough to actually come and get me. My mind then wanders to a horrendous thought. How much work have I missed!? I've been gone for a long time, I think, and surely school couldn't have stopped to send out a search party for me. When I think about it next, I'll ask. For sure. I think I ended the make out by falling asleep on his shoulder. I hear footsteps coming towards me, pause, then continue on by. My eyelids disobeyed when I commanded them to open, so I may never know who that was.

******

I awake to the sound of bags zipping, dishes clanking, and footfalls all around me. I'm still leaning on Draco. His eyes are still closed and body is limp so I shake him awake. He jolts awake and turns to look at me. He seemed to be startled but when his eyes laid upon me, his tense body relaxed.

"Good morning," he says, kissing me on the cheek.

"Morning," I say with a grin. I get up an walk over to my side of the tent. I pull out an outfit for my return to school. I close the curtain and change really fast. I know I had overslept, but things need to be done so we stay on our unofficial schedule. I slip on my skinny jeans, mismatched socks, a sweater and a jacket before opening up the curtain. I try to brush my bushy hair, but failing miserably. I decide to settle with a single braid in back. By the time I get to the kitchen for breakfast, Ginny, Harry, and Ron, all who had woken up on time, were ready to go. I snatch a couple granola bars before I run out of the kitchen again to pack my bag. There's not much to put in it, but I shove yesterday's clothes in and zip it. I turn around to see everyone in the center of the room. I walk up to the group who is discussing some matter.

"Hey," I say when I walk up.

"Morning, 'Mione," Ginny greets. I stand next to Draco and he puts his arm around me.

"Perfect. But please don't tell anyone. I'll know I'll never hear the end of it from you guys, but from everyone else too..." Draco says trailing off. Perfect? What's perfect? Harry must've seen my confused face.

"We're talking about how we're going to tell the story to McGonagall. And Malfoy doesn't want anyone to know about ... you two," he says. I know Harry's much more lenient about my relationship than Ron, but he still had a hint of disgust in his voice.

"I agree with him. For his reason and that everyone, and I mean everyone, would take it really badly," I say nodding.

"Okay. Are you ready?" Harry asks. I nod and pay my bag. Harry jogs over to kitchen and opens the tall cupboard. He takes out four broomsticks. "Sorry, Hermione, but we couldn't get another broom for you," Harry says, "so you'll have to ride on back of someone's." I glance at Draco then at Ginny.

"Ginny," I decide. "'Cause if people saw us return on the same broom, rumors would go around and it would be hard to prove them wrong. Riding with you, Harry, would be acceptable. Ron, well, everyone knows we broke up... And people know that Gin's one of my best friends so it's most reasonable." Everyone nods, including Ron who has a frown on is face. We head outside. Harry closes the tent with magic. He hands everyone the brooms and I hop on with Ginny. I haven't seen Ginny on a broom in ... well, a really long time. It makes her build seem entirely different.

"Okay, you guys ready?" Harry calls out.

"Yes sir," we call back, almost in unison. And with that we take off and fly into the overcast sky.