Chapter 57

Ginny's POV

It gets really cold up here in the clouds. We can't fly above or below clouds without dying or being spotted, so we have to fly through the clouds which is really hard to do cause it's like being friggin' blind. Once in a while, one of us dips down and makes sure that we're not overshooting or headed the wrong direction. I fly next to Harry. Sometimes we'll have a small conversation, but we end up becoming silent again because no one can hear anything. I hear Harry shout something along like "Your turn!" So I dip down below the clouds and see lots of trees. At the last second, I see a big castle way off in the distance. My excitement jerks the broom way up. I gain control again and speed up to catch Harry.

"I see it! About 15-20 kilometers and slightly left!" I shout.

"'Kay!" Harry shouts back. We're constantly dipping down, checking for Hogwarts now. Then when Harry goes down, he comes right back up and yells for us to come down.

We're home.

******

No one knows we were coming today, so no welcome back committee. We dismount our brooms and walk up to the school. It's about 10:30 in the morning, right in the middle of our 2nd class. We decide to quickly drop our things off in our rooms then see McGonagall. I jog to the other side of the building, up seven flights of stairs and into the Gryffindor common room. Right into where all my fellow seventh years are. I stop dead in my tracks. Everyone noticed me come in. They're gathered around someone's radio, listening to the news. With all their eyes on me, they all Burt's out asking different questions.

"Is it true?"

"Is Hermione back?"

"Was it really the Carrows?"

"What happened?"

"You weren't really at a wedding, were you?"

I stand there, overwhelmed, for a moment before sprinting into the girls dormitories. I drop my bag on the bed and dash out into the mob of girls who had followed me.

"I promise I'll spill everything later!" I call out to everyone. I run out of the common room, down the seven flights of stairs, and meet the other four by the Great Hall.

"Ginny what took so long?" Hermione asks.

"Everyone was in the common room. They were listening to the news on a muggle-borns' radio. Then they all started talking to me. But I'm here now. Lets go," I say.

"So it wasn't only 8th years," Ron observes. I shake my head.

"To McGonagall's office," Harry announces and we all follow him to McGonagall's office.

******

Hermione's POV

"It's not like I chose to be kidnapped!" I almost shout.

"But it was against the rules for the four of them to go out on their own to try to save you," McGonagall says calmly. "I may be fond of you, but I'm afraid that if you break rules, you shall get their punishments."

"There was a flaw in your statement. You had said try. If they hadn't tried, I wouldn't be here. And they did save me. Cause no one else was willing to come find me. Ministry doesn't care, you care, but not enough to get a search party going, but my friends care enough to actually practically defeat my captors and rescue me,'' I say. McGonagall had wished to speak to me first and alone. She had been upset when she found out that Harry had been lying about the wedding. She's hopefully going to hear out all of our stories. But I've told my story so many times that I keep reliving it every time I mention it. It makes me so mad every time. I've lived it once. And that was enough.

"I don't see what Draco Malfoy has to do with this. Why did he have to go with his disliked classmates?" McGonagall asks. Good thing I prepared for this question or it would've been bad for me.

"He was the first person to notice me gone. He told Harry, who told Ron, who told Ginny, and they told you and when you did nothing, they all went investigating. It would've just been Harry, Ron, and Ginny if it weren't for the fact that M-Malfoy had so much information and contacts. He made his own mother spill information to help," I say.

"But, no offense, why would be help you? It's obvious that he's not fond of you." I shrug.

"I don't know. Maybe Harry forced him to do so."

"I see. Well even if they saved you-"

"I would've been dead otherwise."

"They still broke rules. But with the statement you just said, the punishment will be much smaller. A deduction of 575 points from each house. I know the punishment should be bigger, but the intentions and actions were heroic too," McGonagall explains.

"Seems fair enough to me," I say.

"Then you are dismissed," the professor says. I stand up and walk out the door with a small smile on my face. Harry goes into the office next. I sit next to Draco. He puts his arm around me and I rest my head on his shoulder. But the second we hear faint footsteps, he takes his arm away from me, I sit up and we scoot away from each other and avoid eye contact. Ginny and Ron notice and Ginny is trying to muffle her laughing fit. Eventually, Harry comes back out and Ron goes in. He looks at Ginny.

"What's her problem?" Harry asks. I grin and shrug. Harry takes a deep breath and relaxes in his chair.

Only two more stories to share before we can go meet other friends. And only 8 and a half more hours until I can have alone time with Draco.