s e v e n t e e n - i accept all hugs

took a hit from your level
now i just can't get e n o u g h . . .

▪️▫️▪️

A hot shower in the middle of winter is one of my favorite things. So on Friday night when it had been snowing all day and the temperature was hardly bearable, I stepped out of the shower with a smile on my face.

The bathroom was all warm and steamy thanks to how hot I had the water, making it feel like a sauna. I lathered up in lotion after I dried off, brushed my teeth, and shook out my hair. I grabbed my pajamas and put them on, feeling so much more comfortable. A pair of maroon leggings, black fuzzy socks and a white t-shirt that says The Snuggle Is Real in black letters on the front.

With my phone in hand I walked down the stairs, through the living room and back to the kitchen. My mom was at the sink washing dishes, with my dad nowhere to be seen.

"Want some hot chocolate or something, my love?" My mom glanced at me for a second.

"Sure," I nodded, walking over to the island. I took a seat at a bar stool and unlocked my phone, opening up a random app to occupy myself with.

I opened my mouth to ask my mom if she needed help, but stopped when I felt my phone vibrate. I looked down to see Josh calling me.

Slowly with confusion, I slid my finger across the screen to answer the call and put my phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey!" He cheered.

"Hi," I chuckled, which made my mom pause to look at me in question. "What's up?"

We never really call each other – we usually just text like normal teenagers, so this is kind of weird.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Right now?" I raised my eyebrows and looked down at myself in my pajamas. "I'm about to have some hot chocolate."

"Who is it?" My mom whispered excitedly. I mouthed back "stop" and rolled my eyes. She immediately smirked and knew it was Josh.

"Well, I have something that I want to give you and since you're home, can I stop by?" He said casually.

"Uhhh," I sang, going into a panic. "Um, s-something like what?"

"I can't tell you. It's a present," he laughed softly.

"Oh, um, okay. I have something for you too, actually," I stuttered. My eyes widened at the fact that I haven't wrapped his present yet.

Fuck.

"What's he saying?" My mom nudged me, and I waved her off dismissively.

"Alright. I'm driving around now so I'll be over soon," he said.

"In the snow?" I smirked, a little confused.

"Do you want your present or not?"

"Fine, fine. I'll be here," I agreed to it.