t h i r t y-o n e - you can do what you want

i'm holding her just like she's gold,
but i've been running
from the s u n . . .

▪️▫️▪️

After hardly getting any sleep and spending a majority of the night immersed in each other's touch, Josh and I left the cabin relatively early the next day. Since it's Sunday, neither of us have anything important to do. We're heading into the last few months of our senior year and there's not much left for us to accomplish.

As the late afternoon approached us and the sun began to set, I found myself napping in Josh's bed. Of course his room is amazing – just like his entire house – but I totally gravitated towards his bed when I saw it. I like to sleep, and a mattress like his sent me to shut-eye heaven.

It's specially made for his body, so I'm sure it's really expensive, but it's the perfect, happy medium between firm and soft. It has to do with him wrestling and not straining a muscle from sleeping wrong or something. I never felt a mattress like it so as soon as I laid down, I was out.

When I woke up, Josh was already awake, showered, and dressed in sweats while he was on his laptop occupying himself as I caught up on some sleep. I'm not sure how long I was passed out for, but I think it was at least an hour or two.

He shot me a smirk and went back to scrolling. "Hi sleepy," he cooed.

"Shut up," I mumbled with a thick voice. I rubbed my eyes, attempting to wake myself up a little more. "What time is it?"

"Five-fifteen," he glanced at the corner of his screen to tell me the time.

"Why am I still so tired?" I groused, wrapping the covers tighter around myself.

They smell so clean and fresh. Like how Josh always smells. It's so comforting, and it brought a small smile to my face.

"I wore you out last night," he winked at me playfully.

"Yeah, sure," I rolled my eyes with a laugh, and he chuckled in return.

I sighed and propped myself up, laying on my back. My eyes wandered around the interior of his room, soaking in the sight before me. Deep, golden sunlight is streaming in through the large windows, making patterns on the bed due to the rumpled sheets. It's bouncing off them and glowing on Josh, making him look angelic. Not that he already doesn't look like that in the first place, but it's adding to it.

A knock came on the door and I glanced over at Josh, while he shut his laptop and sat up.

"Come in!" He called.

The door handle twisted and Giovanni's head popped in. He smiled when he saw us and entered the room, stopping a few feet from the bed.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Josh," he bowed at Josh. "And nice to see you, Miss Victoria."

"Hi Giovanni," I grinned.

"What's up?" Josh asked, putting his laptop away and focusing on his butler.

"Are the two of you hungry? We can start to prepare dinner if you'd like something in particular," he suggested as he glanced between Josh and I.

Josh looked at me with a questioning look and I just shrugged with a smile.

"Yeah, we're a little hungry," Josh said simply. "Surprise us."

"Of course," Giovanni smirked, bowing again before he swiftly left the room.

Josh's parents aren't home and won't be having dinner with us, so it's going to be a really informal meal. I'm not even sure if Jaclyn is around, so it might end up to be Josh and I eating together at the island in the kitchen. Either way, I won't mind.