n i n e t e e n - i told you it would happen

they say that love's a bitch,
read my lips
i've waited all my life
for a bitch like t h i s . . .

▪️▫️▪️

I woke up to the smell of bacon. I assumed my mom was already up and making breakfast, but then I realized how strong the smell was. Almost like I was right in the kitchen.

My body adjusted to whatever surface I was laying on and I didn't recognize it as my bed. It felt exactly like the couch in Blair's den.

My eyes popped open, and I guessed right – I'm curled up in a ball on one end of that couch. My limbs were aching and I saw that I'm still in my clothes from last night, with my jacket on but my shoes off.

The sun was streaming in through the windows, telling me that it's obviously morning. I stretched out and sat up quickly, causing a headache to rush on as I looked around.

"Oh good, you're up!" Blair's voice came from beside me. I spun my head to the left to see her sitting up with a bright smile, perky as ever and wide awake.

"What?" I mumbled, reaching my hand up to touch my face. I groaned in frustration when I felt that I still had all my makeup on; it's an absolute pet peeve of mine when I sleep in it.

"You okay?" She chuckled.

"What the fuck happened last night and why am I still in my clothes?" I said, my voice groggy and thick with a heavy dosage of hangover. She just laughed again and I looked over at her, narrowing my eyes.

"Apparently we drank a lot. That's what Matt told me this morning," she explained. "Then we came back here after the party around three, I think. We sat in here and talked for awhile because we didn't want to go to bed yet, then we ended up passing out. Don't you remember?"

"Not at all," I grumbled as I rubbed my forehead.

Footsteps entered the room and I saw Blair's mom come in the room with a smile identical to Blair's on her chipper face. "Good morning, girls! Want some breakfast? I made eggs, bacon and all kinds of stuff," she offered happily.

"Sure, Mom. We'll wash up, then we'll be down to eat," Blair nodded with a grin. Mrs. Dunn smiled and nodded too, then swiftly left the room.

"I need to wash my face and take this skirt off," I whined as I carefully got off the couch, and we both complained about headaches and our uncomfortable clothes while we walked upstairs to Blair's room. She changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt, and I walked to the bathroom to scrub my face of last night's makeup.

After washing it twice and patting my face dry, I tied my hair up in a top knot and went back to her room. She was sitting on her bed waiting for me, playing with her ponytail and scrolling on her phone.

"Do you wanna borrow any clothes?" She suggested, eyeing my outfit.

"No, it's fine. I'm just gonna eat and then go home anyway," I shrugged it off. She shrugged too and then led the way downstairs, where we met her parents for breakfast.

I sat next to her at the wide kitchen table, across from her dad who was reading the morning paper and sipping a hot cup of coffee.

Coffee. That's what I need right now.

"So girls, how was the party?" Mrs. Dunn smirked as she placed breakfast on the table. "It seemed pretty fun from the fact that both of you passed out on the couch in your clothes."