There's A Haze Above My T.V, That Changes Everything I See

Half Lie
ˈhɑːfˌlaɪ

noun

something that a person says or writes that they know to be partly untrue

"I tried to convince myself that to change a tense was to tell no more than a half-lie."

_________________________________________
Half Lies. That's what Ryan had come to learn Dallon Weekes turned to every time something violent needed his involvement. At least, that's what Ryan hoped that was what they were, not just amazingly timed coincidences.

As Ryan layed awake in his bed he thought of the other boy, the one that made Ryan's average hieght looked unnaturally dwarfed next to his. He gorgeous blue eyes that made Ryan think of days when he was small, before he realised the horrible thing his namesake had done.

Dallon's voice was so sweet, it made him want to record it and play it on a loop for hours but that would be weird...and Dallon's lips. Ryan's mind ran off Dallon's lips, whether they were pursed, or pulled thin from a smile, or just slack. They weren't plump, not by a long shot but they were perfect to Ryan.

They were just behind his eye lids and when Ryan did close his eyes he could almost imagine Dallon's hot breath on his neck as the tall boy leant over him in bed. Ryan could almost imagine Dallon brushing a large hand down his jawline, he could almost imagine Dallon leaning in to brush those 'oh so' perfect lips against his own.

Ryan was forced out of his fantasy when the doorbell rang throughout the house. Remembering that Karen had been called into work to take the night shift tonight, Ryan walked down the stairs to answer it. He hoped that it wasn't anyone who was expecting him to speak, maybe it was that nice old lady from the street that had babysitted him when he was younger.

Ryan reached up to the doorknob with a shaky hand, he really wished that his aunt would install a peep hole one of these days, just so he could check to see if the person at the door wasn't a murderer...or his father. Well, they were the same thing, weren't they?

He plucked forth all of his courage and opened the door and the sight in front of him shocked him down to his very core.

The person at the door was almost unreckonisable, with bruises already appearing on his face but what was even worse was the blood. Lots of the stuff, running from his head, through his hair.

But Ryan knew who it was.

"Brendon?"

Brendon smiled widely before he started swaying.

"You spoke," Brendon coughed, blood, blood running down his chin from his mouth, "You said my name, you make it sound nice."

"Inside," Ryan didn't have to force himself to speak, it came out without him trying, he was scared Brendon was going to die.

"Yeah," Brendon nodded, like he was just remembering where he really was.

The brunnette tried to step inside. Key word, tried. He stumbled and Ryan managed to step forward in time to help the boy and take some of his weight.

"You know, Ryan," Brendon said, it was almost like he was drunk, maybe he had a concussion, "Your voice really is pretty, I wasn't lying."

Ryan ignored this comment and focused on moving the other boy to the couch. He layed him down, trying to stop the boy from fidgeting.

"You know, the rumours aren't true," Brendon announced, grabbing Ryan's hand as he was about to leave to get some first aid items, "I'm not really gay."

Something in Ryan's heart died, it couldn't be that he had feelings for Brendon, no, it had to be the fact that Brendon was probably the only guy that swung his way that he knew, his only chance. But apparently not.

"Brendon, stay," Ryan said sternly, his voice softer than before, getting used to being used.

"Beautiful," Brendon murmured and Ryan felt himself blush.

He forced himself to stop, he needed to fix Brendon and even afterwards, there wasn't a chance that Brendon actaully liked him. The boy had literally just told him that he wasn't gay.