Peony

~Don't you worry my darling
Because I will always be right here 
I'll be there for you when you need me
I'll hold you when no one else does
I'll protect you when you are scared
Forever and always
Not even death can make me stay away from you~

~Don't you worry my darling Because I will always be right here  I'll be there for you when you need me I'll hold you when no one else does I'll protect you when you are scared Forever and always Not even death can make me stay away from you~

-Wren
__________________________

"I see, I will get him for this, don't worry," said Wren as he smiled at Azalea.

"Thanks," replied Azalea as she smiled back.

They both smiled at each other for a minute. Until Wren broke the silence by asking,"So....how are you holding up?"

Azalea looked at Wren who then said, "Oh sorry, stupid question."

Azalea chuckled a bit and said," I am fine, thank you. How are you?"

Wren smiled and said, "I am fine too."

Azalea then looked at the floor and said, "It's been so long since we last talked. More like it's gonna be two years. Last we properly talked was when you came to Melancholia to get me. You know I always wanted to thank you for what you did." She looked at Wren and smiled.

"Thank me? For what?" asked Wren

"You said that I always look so afraid and you asked me what I was afraid of. That made me think that I am always scared. You were right, even though I was rude to you in return for which I am sorry but now I know that Every second of my life, I am so scared that I can't even explain. But then you told me that I shouldn't be scared because I haven't done anything wrong in life. I am just another human being trying to live. So that's why I shouldn't be scared plus there are people who love and protect me, so what's there to be afraid of. That made me think about a lot of things. And now I am happy, like from the bottom of my heart, I feel happy and I am seeing life in a new way. You made me remember what I had long since forgotten. I used to love life and love everyone around me.....but along the way, I had forgotten what it meant to love what you had.....I started chasing what I did not have, which was not good. Somehow you always know how to make a person feel better. Anyways I just meant to say thank you," said Azalea as she sweetly smiled at Wren.

Wren smiled and said, "What has gotten into you so suddenly?"

"Haha nothing," said Azalea, "Its just that with this...," she said as she looked at her wrist, "I just thought it's finally time to be a bit more expressive. I mean what's the point of hiding it all in, right?"

 I mean what's the point of hiding it all in, right?"

-Azalea

"True" replied Wren, as he moved a bit closer to Azalea, he whispered, "Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you. I will protect you."

"Thanks," said Azalea, "You know, something has gotten into you too. You never were the type to say things like this, earlier today you even said sorry."

"What are you talking about? I'm always like this. Did you hit your head somewhere and forgot?" said Wren

"No, you just seem different." said Azalea

Wren smiled to himself. He looked at Azalea and got a bit more closer, and whispered, "Maybe it's because I have finally stopped running away."

"Huh? What does that mean?" asked Azalea

"Well...I..." said Wren as he was cut off by Alden who came into the kitchen and asked, "Hey is tea ready yet?"

"Oh yeah sure. I will be right there." said Azalea as she handed Wren some plates,"here take them outside"

While having tea, the twins were bickering again about something, everyone else was laughing at their bickering.

Mika said to Wren, "You know, its surprising how calming it is considering there is a war going on and our city is under surveillance."

"True" replied Wren,"but it's fine like this," he said as he smiled and looked at Azalea who was talking to Violet and laughing.
___________________________

~Lillian

Vote and comment if you enjoyed reading this chapter! And if you are liking this story then please please share it with everyone! Thanks!