Broken Promise

Screaming and accusing. Pushes and crashes. Blaming and taking in the most hurtful ways. 

Yelling and loud stomping resonated through the apartment, followed by occasional noises from objects being knocked off. However, as loud as it was, the occupants of the apartment did not care. All they did was being focused on each other – verbally attacking each other. Their arguments grew louder with every second, but both were too engaged to notice it. Instead, they carried on with yelling at each other, even if their neighbors were already banging against the front door.

"Stop forcing me to stay at home all day!" Oliver freed himself off Fukase's harsh grip and pushed him away. This gave Oliver a few seconds of freedom he used to glare at the redhead and create a bit of distance between the two. Oliver's anger has gone rampant within. He didn't spend a second thought on his words as he let them crash onto Fukase as much as the other one did as well.

"Who's going to pay the bills then, huh? After all, you lazy ass just sit at home all day."

"Shut up!"

Oliver couldn't react quickly enough as a sudden sharp pain travelled across his left cheek. The force pushed him away a bit and he held his breath in shock of the sudden happening. Holding his cheek tightly, Oliver looked up to find Fukase staring down at him in silence. His action spoke more than any more words and left his lover stand there in shock.

Oliver had enough. Enough of the screaming, the hitting, and especially seeing Fukase. His heart was racing as if it was about to explode in his chest any second. The grudge inside of him was close to overwhelm him. Oliver didn't know where to leave out the energy that piled up inside of him. Before he was about to do anything stupid, he clenched his fists tightly until his knuckles turned white already. His nails dug deep in his skin. That was the only thing still keeping him sane at this moment. The raging thoughts in his head were to make him go crazy otherwise.

The more accusations left Fukase's mouth, the more Oliver tasted a bitter feeling in his mouth. Shivering fear has left his body and got replaced by a burning sensation captivating his mind. And yet, the blond was enough in control of his senses to not let himself get dragged away by temptations. He learned long ago that fighting back would only lead to painful consequences. Instead, Oliver saved himself out of the situation differently.

His mind was running wild as Oliver turned on his heel and stormed out of the living room into the hallway. He didn't dare a glance back as he tried to run away from the threats. His instincts let him right into the bathroom – the only room with a key in the entire apartment. Oliver quickly locked the door and jumped away from it as he already heard Fukase trying to force it open.

"Open the damn door! I'm warning you." Fukase's yell let a cold shudder travel down Oliver's spine and the blond had to support himself by leaning against the sink. His heart was pumping even harder than before. It troubled Oliver's breathing and he gasped for air in panic. That was mostly because of his fear though. All his courage has left his body as soon as he had stormed off. Instead, his limbs were shaking now. Fukase's loud banging against the door and the jarring terrified him. Oliver didn't want to imagine what would happen to him if the door would burst open now.

Oliver fell to his knees and sunk down on the ground. His body could no longer carry his own weight. He internally begged for Fukase to stop, but the noise grew even louder. Tears streamed down the blond's face as he screamed at the redhead now. He could no longer bear all this massacre playing in his head. Oliver covered his ears with his hands and shut his eyes tight. Somehow, he needed to find a way out of this situation. For a brief moment, he considered escaping out of the window, but gave up on that fairly quickly. He had nowhere to go anyway.

Fukase suddenly stopped banging against the door. His shuffling footsteps echoing through the apartment slowly distanced themselves from Oliver. Yet, the blond waited another long minute until he'd move again. He slowly crawled towards the bathroom door and pressed one ear against it. In fact, Fukase was no longer waiting for him. This nowhere near was a sign for everything to be safe again, but Oliver sighed relieved to have found a moment of quietness anyway. He leaned against the wall with his back and pulled his knees to his chest. Moments of struggling to compose himself passed and Oliver still couldn't calm down. His breathing quieted down eventually, but the thoughts inside of his head kept raging. Rubbing his eyes, the blond left out a heavy sigh and wiped away the last remaining traces of the prior tears. Quiet sobs continued to shake his entire body, but he forced them to be as silent as possible. He needed this silence to get back to his senses.

Hours had passed once Oliver thought of it to be safe to leave the bathroom again. His limbs were aching as he struggled to get back up. A groan escaped his throat as he rubbed his neck and took a look at himself in the mirror. The red spots covering his face and torso haven't quite disappeared yet. Oliver hoped for them to do so soon; he had to go to work tomorrow.

Oliver ignored his puffy eyes and rubbed across his face one more time. Headache was seemingly nagging on his brain. He tried to not think too hard about it. The blond just hoped to safely get back in his room and get a few hours of sleep to feel better again. That's how it always worked at least.

As quiet as possible, Oliver unlocked the door and stepped out of the bathroom. His knees were aching from the sudden movements and he bit the insides of his cheeks. The apartment was uncommonly quiet. Oliver grew suspicious and stepped ahead with great caution. He didn't intend on upsetting Fukase after all. However, the closer he got to his room, the louder the muffled sounds coming from the inside of it were. Oliver's stomach cramped at the unexpected situation and he had no good feeling about it.

Initially, the blond couldn't figure out what it was, but soon enough, he identified it as quiet sobs coming from his room. Oliver stood sideways at the entrance, just enough that he couldn't be seen and listened to it for a while. He wasn't sure how to react. His body was still shaking from fear of facing an angered Fukase, however, it shattered his heart to hear the redhead cry that much. He didn't manage to await the situation for long as his breathing already failed from the pain lingering in his chest. Cautiously, Oliver stepped ahead into the room, still careful to make as little sounds as possible. Fukase quickly noticed though and his head flipped to where Oliver was. The blond froze in place and gulped hard. There lay his lover, slumped down in himself with his face hidden in a pillow. His face was bright red and covered in tears as Fukase stared at Oliver.

There was a short silence between the two of them, as Fukase suddenly stood up and ambled towards the blond. He reached out his arms and cried even harder as he fell back on his knees in front of Oliver. Hugging his counterpart tightly, the redhead stammered apologies in-between his crying. Whenever Oliver tried to move, Fukase wrapped his arms even harsher around the blond and begged him for forgiveness.

At first, Oliver didn't react. He did not let the crash of emotions coming from his lover affect him yet. The blond didn't have much energy left to let himself fall into another fit of crying anyway. Only reluctantly, the blond kneeled down and pulled Fukase in an embrace. The redhead clung tightly on him that it already hurt Oliver, but he ignored it. The throbbing pain in his chest was even more painful. As a form of consolation, Oliver gently brushed across Fukase's back and pulled him even closer.

"Please, forgive me, Oliver," Fukase continued to whimper in Oliver's shoulder and gulped hard. "I love you so much. Don't leave me. Please..."

Oliver hushed his lover and nodded from side to side carefully to help Fukase calm down. Only reluctantly, the redhead's cries quieted down until all he did was mumbling more apologies. All this time, Oliver had to bite his lip hard to make sure no distressing sounds could leave his throat. He was about to break down himself any minute but tried to stay strong. Fukase needed him now.

He waited until Fukase fell asleep on his shoulder from exhaustion before he stood up again. As best as he could, he carried the redhead to the bed and threw a blanket over him. Even though the blond was just as exhausted, he decided to not sleep yet. His aching limbs would not let him anyway. Instead, Oliver settled down on the couch in the living room and stared outside the window. With a heavy sigh, he rubbed his head again. He had promised himself before to not let this happen again, and even so, here he was.