Passion and Regret

A warm, comforting feeling. Reaching for hope, his hands hold onto tightly. This peace and quiet is only temporary.

Oliver couldn't remember the last time he had been sleeping with Fukase in one bed. Usually they'd let go of each other shortly before bedtime and mind their own businesses. However, not this time. Instead, Oliver woke up to the feeling of arms wrapped around him. The heat emitting from Fukase was pressing against his back, making it for Oliver uncomfortably warm. Trying to move as little as possible, Oliver turned around to check on the sleeping Fukase. His lips formed a small smile when he looked at his calm lover. For once, he looked like an angel.

As much as Oliver would have waited for Fukase to wake up, he had no time for that. Work was waiting for him and he was already running late. He peeled himself out of Fukase's clingy grip and carefully left the room with the things he needed. Even though he didn't like anyone being in his room all alone, he also didn't want to wake up Fukase now – he really didn't need any inconveniences.

Oliver's heart dropped for a second as he took another glance at the clock. Freeing himself from his lover's embrace as cautiously as possible robbed him more time than he had. There wasn't even time for a morning shower, and Oliver grunted irritated. Leaving the house befuddled and unprepared was one of his pet peeves. Yet, he had no other choice than to grab an apple, change into his business attire and entangle his hair with his fingers while packing his bag.

Rushing out of the house and to his car, there was a strange feeling that followed Oliver. It felt as if he had forgotten about something, but he couldn't recall right away. The stress of appearing too late to work was more prominent in his mind.

A heavy sigh escaped the blond's lips as he plumbed down on his seat. He in fact made it on time – mind the whole running across the parking lot of his company. With a quick hand gesture, Oliver wiped off the faint layer of sweat that covered his forehead and breathed out heavily. He had to get to his work now.

It was a fairly quiet day at work for Oliver. He managed to do most of his work without much interruption and avoided unnecessary chitchats with colleagues either. His lips formed a small smile when reminiscing about his morning and about how – ignoring all the stress and running in the morning – relaxed his day was. Oliver didn't get to think that often.

However, this harmonious state got interrupted quickly by a certain coworker passing by at his office. Kazehiki initially beamed a smile that dropped quickly though, and so did the rest of his face. Oliver frowned at this sudden change of reaction. He was just about to ask what was wrong as Kazehiki hurried over to the blond.

"What happened?" Oliver looked up startled when he heard Kazehiki's shaking voice. Confusion and worry reflected in Kazehiki's eyes while he was staring down at Oliver. His eyes shifted up and down the blond's torso. It took a while for Oliver to realize, but once he did, his heart dropped. The both of them merely stared at each other in great tension. Oliver barely dared following his counterpart's eyes, but he did so anyways. He had no other choice.

Oliver's eyes widened in shock when he saw the bruises beaming through his shirt. Suddenly, the subtle pain emitting from them was staggering. His face was covered in jabs as Oliver remembered what he had forgotten this morning. It was a huge mistake to not have covered the bruises as usually before leaving the house.

Gulping hard, Oliver forced a smirk and shook his head.

"Oh, nothing. I just hurt myself accidently."

Kazehiki frowned and looked around for a second - he was checking whether anyone was near enough to get to eavesdrop - before turning his attention back on Oliver. He leaned in to get to speak in a lowered voice.