Chapter 8

The first business meeting went off without a hitch.

Mikayla sat silently at the large conference table and took notes on her laptop as the CEO of the robotics company Mr. David Pierce confidently stood near the projection screen alongside his team as he made his pitch to Damien. He was a handsome man in his late thirties and his company was one of the top robotics manufacturers in the United States.

"I'll have an offer sent to you by the end of next week," Damien replied as he stood, signalling that the meeting was over.

"Thank you so much for coming Mr. Arnauld," David said while standing to shake Damien's hand before turning to Mikayla.

After gathering her thing, she slowly stretched her hand out to David.

Once her hand was in his, instead of shaking it, David kissed the back, his grey eyes slowly raking over Mikayla's body before turning back to Damien, "Would you and your beautiful assistant be interested in coming out with–"

Damien's eyes narrowed at the way that David was salivating over Mikayla and so, before the man could even finish asking his question, he cut him off abruptly.

"No, we aren't! My company will be in touch," Damien said as he exited the boardroom.

Mikayla was a bit shocked and embarrassed at Damien's curtness.

Pulling her hand away from David, she could not help but wonder what was wrong with her boss. With an apologetic half smile, she said goodbye and walked out of the meeting room, quickly following Damien to the elevator.

As they got into the car and were heading back to the hotel, Mikayla looked over at a brooding Damien whose eyes were glued to his mobile phone.

"That was very rude," she stated.

"He was the rude one!" Damien barked, his eyes continuing to stare at his mobile as his fingers tapped the screen angrily.

Mikayla scoffed, "Are you being serious right now?"

Putting his phone away Damien looked at her. The colour of his aquamarine eyes had darkened a bit, causing the yellow flecks to become more prominent, "You really can be a muppet sometimes!"

"I beg your pardon!" Mikayla's eyes flashed with anger as she turned her body to face him better, the movement causing her shirt to twist slightly.

Damien raked in her appearance wanting to ease the tension of the buttons of her shirt. The black and white pants suit that she wore today had fit her impeccably. The roundness of her curves was so inviting, it was no wonder that the men in the meeting room could barely keep their eyes off of her.

He thought that perhaps he should make her wear a tent to future meetings. However, he figured it still would not sufficiently hide her delectable curves. To him, Mikayla would look amazing in anything.

Damien dragged himself back to the conversation as he stated, "David was drooling over you the entire meeting, if his merchandise wasn't so exceptional, I'd have cancelled the entire transaction!"

Mikayla suddenly let out a loud laugh, "Pfft! He did not! The man barely said a word to me. I really think that you're overreacting."

"It wasn't what his mouth said Mikayla, it was his eyes. We came to do business, not to fraternize and I know for a fact that he had plans to get into your pants," Damien said as he ran his left hand through his hair.

"So, you read minds now too?" Mikayla asked while rolling her eyes.

A muscle in his jaw ticked as he remained silent.