Chapter 10

Mikayla entered her new apartment and her mouth gaped open. If her jaw wasn't attached to her body, it would have literally fallen to the floor.

The apartment was beyond what she thought it would look like. The stunning entryway led into an even more impressive large open floor concept. The ceilings were high, with large floor to ceiling windows that allowed generous amounts of natural light to flow into the space.

She adored the oak-coloured hard wood floors, but loved the kitchen even more. The kitchen had two islands, one of them featured a sink while the other had a raised portion that made up a breakfast bar. The stove and oven were off to the left against the wall, while the rest of the appliances were tastefully hidden.

There was a large dining area just off the kitchen and to the right side of the room was an even bigger living area that came with a massive flat panel TV as well as a beautiful fireplace. To round it off, a huge balcony would allow her to have an amazing view of London.

Mikayla noticed that her luggage was placed neatly against a wall next to a wide corridor that she assumed would lead to the three bedrooms. Turning to face Damien, her heart raced as she realised that he had been watching her shocked expression the whole time, a small smile on his lips as he leaned against a wall.

"I–I can't accept this flat..."

A small frown began to form on his face as he walked towards her, "Why not?"

Opening her arms wide to gesture around the room, "Look at this place Damien, I can't afford to replace anything in here! I break, it I buy it remember?"

Damien laughed softly, "Don't worry about it, really. You're a great employee Mikayla, everyone loves you and you're such a hard worker. I mean you've only been employed with me for a few weeks and the amount of work that you've gotten done is amazing! Even Mrs. Clemons has been joking that she can retire earlier than planned."

Mikayla could not help but giggle at the last part before she sighed softly, her brown eyes looking up into his, "But... What will people say when they find out that I'm living in the same block of flats as you? I mean, I won't even get my first pay cheque until next week! There's no way I could even fake being able to afford this..."

It was clear that she was starting to panic.

Her eyes widened while her words came out slightly rushed, "What if they say that I'm sleeping with you in order to get to live here?"

Sighing as he ran a hand through his hair, Damien moved even closer to her to hold her hands, "Who the hell cares what people think Mikayla? We both know the truth."

She bit her bottom lip, "That's easy for you to say, you're not the one who'd be labelled as a gold-digging whore."

"No, I'd just be the poor bewitched sap who's getting all his money stolen by an enchanted Goddess," Damien tried to make a joke before saying more seriously, "I know, I know, your reputation is important. But let's face it, how far would any of us get in life if we paid attention to what other people said about us?"

"You can say that because you're rich Damien, things are different for us normal people," Mikayla stated simply.

With a groan of frustration, he used his right hand and gently cupped her face, "Then just tell them that your very rich, arrogant and overbearing boss demanded that you live closer to the office and he had an available flat that you couldn't refuse otherwise he'd have fired you." Damien's aquamarine eyes locked with Mikayla's as he smiled at her.

"Ugh! So instead of being a gold-digging whore I'm a brainless obedient servant that submits to your every command? Just great!" Mikayla grumbled.

With an amused look he could not resist saying, "The thought of you submitting to my every command is intriguing."