Chapter 19

Damien picked up Mikayla from the shopping centre and listened to her rant from the time she got into the car until they entered the penthouse. He thought it was cute how she got all annoyed and worked up, her Caribbean accent shining through.

He did his best to calm her down, telling her to just ignore Bethany. After all, the girl may have been weird but so far, her behaviour was harmless.

Grumbling as they entered the penthouse, she went upstairs and dropped the bags with her lingerie purchases. She then headed back down into the kitchen, where Damien was plating their dinner on the breakfast bar.

"Smells great!" Mikayla said, as the scent of food immediately lightened her mood.

Her mouth watered as she took in the sight of the delicious Kefta Meatball Tagine with Moroccan bread on the side.

"I thought you might like it," Damien smiled as they sat down and ate.

He enjoyed this immensely. Just being able to spend time with her brought him much joy. It had been over two weeks now since she had moved into the apartment building and Damien loved coming home to her and waking up next to her. Since they first had sex, they spent almost every night falling asleep in each other's arms.

Mikayla mostly slept over at his place and, when she wasn't spending the night by him, he was sleeping over by her. They both had spaces in each other's closets and, ever since that first night she had slept over, he had to refrain from asking her to move in with him, knowing that it would be too soon.

He silently pondered that perhaps he could bring up the topic after dinner and see what she thought about it.

————— ▲ —————

A few hours later, as she laid in bed naked, Mikayla curled up comfortably against his chest, draping her leg over his. Damien ran his fingers over her shoulder, enjoying the smooth feel of her skin.

He found himself struggling to initiate the conversation that he had planned out in his mind. The irony of the situation made him smile a bit. Here he was, a successful businessman who had brokered many deals, and now he was nervous about asking his girlfriend's opinion on moving in with him.

"Oh, how the mighty have fallen," Damien said softly to himself, as he kissed Mikayla's forehead, causing her to curl up into him even more.

"What's wrong," Mikayla suddenly asked, her voice bringing him out of his thoughts.

Pulling her as close to him as possible, he asked, "How did you know something was wrong?"

"Just a feeling. Besides, your hands aren't permanently attached to my ass right now," she chuckled at the end.

It was true. He could never really keep his hands off of her big round ass, clothed or otherwise.

Laughing softly, he said, "My lack of actions betray me I see."

"What's wrong Damien?" Mikayla asked again, as she shifted to get a better look at his face.

Tilting his head down, his eyes locked with hers, "I was just thinking about something that I wanted to talk to you about," the hand that was wrapped around her began to play in her hair.

Licking her lips, she waited for him to continue to speak, curious about what seemed to have him so nervous.

"I know that we haven't been together very long, but I feel like outside of the office we spend a lot of our time together anyway. While I don't mind us alternating between spending nights at your apartment and here, I was wondering, how would you feel about us moving in together, into one place?" Damien asked, his eyes focused on her facial reactions.