Chapter 18

Mikayla sat in the black Rolls Royce Phantom with Damien as they were being chauffeured to the office. Her eyes were preoccupied with her phone's screen, going over the itinerary for the day.

She was so engrossed in what she was doing that the sudden feel of Damien's lips on her neck startled her slightly.

"Damien..." his name came out as a soft sigh as Mikayla closed her eyes.

"Mmmnnn?" he murmured, as his lips grazed her soft skin, his right hand moving down between her legs, his fingers teasing the material of her business pants.

"I don't think it's fair to turn me into a breathless mess before we even reach the office," Mikayla said, as she clenched her thighs together, squeezing his hand.

Pulling back, his eyes locking with hers, "As tempting as that sounds, the logical part of my brain knows that you're right. Especially since we have that meeting this morning."

She nodded as she shifted in her seat.

With a frustrated sigh he leaned back in his seat, "Fine, I'll do my best to hold out at least until lunchtime."

"At least!" Mikayla said with a playful smile, as they slowly approached the Arnauld Tech Corporation building.

They got out of the car and Damien walked behind Mikayla, admiring the way her work pants moulded her ass.

Suddenly, a thought crossed his mind, "You know, if you didn't have on those trousers, I could have fixed that 'breathless mess' back there." his voice low in her ear as he continued, "What do you think about only wearing skirts to work?"

As they stepped into Damien's private elevator, Mikayla looked up at him, her cheeks heating up a bit, "As much as I'd love to call you a pervert, I can't deny that it would make my life easier in so many ways. I'll have to buy a few more skirt suits then."

Damien's eyes lit up in a bit of surprise, he had expected her to put up more of a fight, but he wasn't about to question the blessing.

His voice held some excitement as he spoke, "Great! I'll give you my card to go shopping."

Mikayla was about to decline his offer on using his card. However, at that exact moment, the elevator doors opened and Damien walked out quickly and beelined straight to his office. He closed the door purposefully, not giving her a chance to respond.

"Ugh, this blasted man!" she said in annoyance as she looked at the closed door.

With an aggravated huff, she headed into her own office in order to prepare for their meeting in the conference room, which would be starting in half an hour.

Mikayla was standing by her printer, waiting for some documents, when she heard a soft knock on her opened door.

Turning around, she saw Bethany, "Shit, what does she want this early Monday morning," she softly grumbled.

Bethany's voice sounded a little too cheerful as she said, "Good morning Mikayla,"

"Good morning Bethany, how can I help you?" Mikayla asked, trying to keep her face neutral.

Bethany stepped into the office and walked up to the desk, "I just wanted to say hi and that it was nice seeing you on Saturday. I hope that the rest of your weekend went well. Enjoy the rest of your day," she smiled, her hazel eyes looking over Mikayla a bit before she left.

"Okay, that wasn't weird at all," Mikayla mumbled to herself as she gathered her things and headed up to the conference room to set up for the meeting.

A few hours later, Mikayla sat at her desk, typing away. Wanting to finish up some graphs on a report, she had decided to eat lunch in her office today. After their meeting this morning, Damien had to go into the city to sign some papers that Mr. Rossi had drafted for him. Instead of waiting until he got back to the office, she had decided to send him a message on his phone, telling him about her brief encounter with Bethany earlier that morning.