Chapter 22

It was a peaceful Thursday night and the sound of laughter could be heard on the downstairs balcony of the penthouse. Damien, Mikayla and Hannah shared jokes over a relaxing dinner, consisting of Trinbagonian channa aloo pies and a sweet and spicy tamarind sauce, made by Mikayla with their assistance.

Damien made a sound of satisfaction as he took another bite, "Now I understand why you were always over at Mikayla's," he said to Hannah as he continued, "her cooking is really amazing, I am in love with Trini food!"

Hannah grinned in agreement, "Well, since you've stolen my chef, I need to come over as often as I can to get my fix! In fact, I think we should do a Trini Thursday where once a week she can make us meals from her Caribbean homeland."

Shaking his head enthusiastically in agreement, Damien's eyes lit up at the suggestion.

"Oi! I'm right here you know!" Mikayla grumbled, though liking the idea

Both Damien and Hannah laughed as they continued to stuff their faces, dipping their aloo pies ever so often in the delicious tamarind sauce. Their cheeks were slightly flushed, due to the somewhat spicy ingredients that were in the food.

After some time, Hannah suddenly spoke, "I cannot believe that bitch Bethany! Who does she think she is?" she complained, as she helped herself to another slice, "Mikayla will only be snogging one woman, and that's me!"

Damien choked on his drink, "What?" he looked over at Mikayla, his aquamarine eyes twinkling questioningly.

"Hannah!" Mikayla exclaimed, her face showing her slight embarrassment.

"Oops! I thought you told him Miks!" her blue eyes looking a bit apologetic.

Sitting up straighter, Damien put his glass down, his face lighting up with amusement and curiousity, "Tell me what?"

Mikayla shook her head, "I didn't get a chance to yet. But hey, since you like to blab your mouth, you can go on right ahead and tell him!"

"I'm sorry!" Hannah whined, "I really thought you would have told him about us."

"There's an us?" Damien's attention perked up even more and he coughed back a laugh as Mikayla elbowed him.

Clearing her throat, she started, "So, once upon a time, back in secondary school, Mikayla and I sort of experimented whenever we slept over. Nothing major, but we practiced kissing each other before we kissed any boys." Hannah said, her hands a bit animated as she continued, "Of course, I would have loved to do more than kiss and cop a few feels but Mikayla was always shy about it and I never really pressed her. Which is why that slag Bethany needs to back the fuck off my woman!"

Mikayla inwardly groaned and tilted her head back, her brown eyes looking up at the sky so as to avoid looking at Damien as she heard his soft laugh.

Chuckling a bit, his eyes drifted between Mikayla and Hannah, "So you were each other's first kiss, that's kind of hot."

"Perv!" Mikayla said, as she sat up and looked at Damien.

She then threw a piece of pie at the blonde as she frowned. Pouting, Hannah moved closer to Mikayla, using her big blue eyes to try and get some sympathy before she starting tickling her best friend.

"Okay okay stop!" Mikayla conceded, "I forgive you."

Satisfied with herself, Hannah shifted back into her seat, "Be careful with Bethany though. You know what they say about the quiet ones, they're always the worst. She sounds a bit loopy if you ask me and she clearly has a thing for you."

"That's the same thing I said!" Damien chimed in.

Waving them both off, Mikayla stood, "Can we not talk about her? I rather not have to think about her for the next few days."