Chapter 13

"Woman! This place is bloody wicked!" Hannah screamed excitedly after running around Mikayla's new apartment and exploring all the rooms.

After Hannah had settled down, Mikayla replayed what happened with Damien over lunch. Once they had finished eating, they then moved onto the patio to continue their conversation while enjoying the nice weather. They sipped on their Sea Breeze cocktails, enjoying the fresh air. The vodka, cranberry and grapefruit drink was very refreshing, while loosening up their inhibitions.

"Seriously though Miks," Hannah continued after taking another sip of her drink, "I can't believe how big this place is. You know, I'm definitely going to be coming over often to enjoy the spa and the pool amenities, right?"

Mikayla laughed, "Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less."

"Anyway, back to you and the Monsieur." Hanna said with a big grin, "I can't believe his father almost caught you both. It's kind of hot when you think about it."

"Oh... My... Geed... Hannah!" Mikayla exclaimed, "I beg to differ! It was embarrassing as hell!" she sighed and closed her eyes, leaning her head back on the recliner.

Hannah pried, "So what's next, when are you going to sit on his penis?"

"Hannah!" Mikayla said loudly as she opened her brown eyes widely, not entirely shocked by her best friend's boldness.

Shrugging she replied, "What? You guys almost did it on the dining room table for crying out loud!"

"We did not! It was just some... Heavy touching," Mikayla groaned out as she sat up straighter. "That's what kind of scares me, it's like the minute we kiss, all reason goes out the window. I literally just moved in yesterday!" her voice emphasising on the last word before she continued, "Yet, if we hadn't been interrupted, I'm pretty sure we would have ended up having sex! I think it's a bit too fast."

Hannah's icy blue eyes sparkled a bit, "Well, when you put it like that, I guess you guys do sound like a couple of horny dogs. However, that's what happens sometimes when two people have crazy sexual chemistry. There's nothing wrong with having an intense desire towards another person, we're human for Gods sake, it's what we do, feel!" Hannah took a taste of her drink before continuing.

"I mean sure, society may try to place stupid rules on how long we have to wait before we can shag someone, especially as women." Hannah said with an off-handed shrug, "But this isn't the dark ages anymore and a lot of the rules are just shit anyway. I mean sure, society might try to put guidelines on dating but desire can be a hard thing to contain. So, forget about all that and just focus on how you feel."

Mikayla exhaled, "You know, for someone whose last name is Cupid, you'd think that you'd use some of your own advice sometimes."

"What can I say, I might give great advice sometimes. Doesn't mean I use it," Hannah chuckled a bit, "besides, emotions can be scary. Dealing with physical needs is just easier for me, and more enjoyable," she added with a cheeky wink.

With a sigh Mikayla said, "That's just it, I want him so bad! I mean, I wasn't prepared for him to confess that he liked me so much, although that could be a lie..."

"Miks," Hannah instantly cut her off, "don't start self-sabotaging yourself. After everything that's happened in the last twenty-four hours, how could you even think that? That man is clearly crazy about you!" she paused to emphasize her next words, "You deserve this, you deserve him!"

Hannah paused to take another big sip from her glass, "Don't be like me. Don't run from your emotions. You deserve to have someone worship your body! Even if in the long run things don't work out, at least you'll have some fond memories to look back on. It's much better than having regrets and wondering what could have happened."