3| They're coming here

"What was your human life like? What were you like?" The questions caught Aurélien off guard after the minutes of easy silence him and Bella had been previously entertaining

"What was your human life like? What were you like?" The questions caught Aurélien off guard after the minutes of easy silence him and Bella had been previously entertaining. The French vampire was quite good at predicting people, but Bella Swan was just as confounding to him as her thoughts were to Edward.

Maybe he'd find her less confusing if he spent more time trying to befriend humans rather than judging most of the modern day teenagers from afar, annoyed by their lack of understanding of the world around. There inability to appreciate what they had, to empathise with others. Aurélien was, admittedly,  just as judgmental as he was fair.

"I was certainly a happy child, if a little bored and lonely. I had no siblings, only two aunts who were only a couple of years older than myself. They often forced me to join in their games." Aurélien recalled with a nostalgic smile. "I was an always easily frustrated as a child. Quick to judge, to give my own opinion. I lacked the perspective I have now. I committed myself wholly to things and to people with little thought. I always have. I was much the same as I am now, though arguable my skills of patience and consideration have improved somewhat." Aurélien had always found Bella an easy person to bare ones heart to. Or maybe he was still in the nostalgic mood that had inspired his trip to Alaska in the first place.

"Do you miss it?" Bella asked. Her voice was casual, but Aurélien could tell by the beating of her heart and the way she tilted her face away that was not the case. Bella Swan was afraid of the answer she would receive.

From her perspective, Aurélien was the one who'd give her the truth about changing. Edward's opinion was biased and so was Rosalie's. Emmett was far to dissimilar to Bella to give her a good description of what being a newborn could be like for her and Jasper and Alice's experiences of turning were wildly different to what hers would be, and Esme and Carlisle didn't want to influence Bella's decision. Aurélien was her best shot. He was most similar to her, valued honesty to much to lie and didn't desperately want Bella to remain human.

"Mostly, no. Of course I miss my family but I've had years to move on and the Cullen's fill that hole for me. I miss sleeping and dreaming and eating, of course. There is a certain rush to life that doesn't exist in immortality. Every moment is precious and beautiful because it could be your last," Aurélien spoke softly, "but there are perks too. The strength, the speed and of course, living forever has its upsides. I visited so many places and seen so many things. I get to watch the world evolve and master skills I would never have dreamed of pursuing as a human. A life, mortal or immortal, is what we make it Bella. Forever can be a gift or a curse." At the end of the speech, Aurélien glanced at the brunette's face. He was rather surprised to find she was holding back tears.

"You have a beautiful way with words," Bella whispered to the French vampire with a watery smile. It was true. When Aurélien spoke, he was riveting. Even as a human without a voice like a siren, he would draw in the crowds at rallies with the level of passion that he spoke with.

"There you are!" Alice Cullen called out, gliding gracefully towards them, "come and enjoy my party you two." Alice left no room for discussion, her tone firm and slightly intimidating despite her small stature. The vampire and human seated on the floor quickly followed her into the heart of the party.

It was while Aurélien was filling up a plastic cup with champagne he'd never drink, that the scent of dog filled his noise. He turned and spotted three boys among the crowd; all of them tall and muscular, with russet skin and dark hair. Shifters.

Aurélien quickly located Bella amongst the crowd and moved to join her at a painfully human pace, dodging party goers who tried to snag his attention. He really wished he didn't need to maintain the human facade and could simply transport himself across the room with his ability.

"Did you invite the dogs?" He whispered to her. Bella glanced up at him looking guilty, confirming the question without answering.

"Yes I did. I figured Jacob wouldn't come after what happened, but I guess a punch to the face was to subtle for him," Bella hissed, the annoyance in her tone surprising given her usual unaggressive demeanour.

"What do you mean 'after what happened'? What happened? Why did you punch Jacob?" He had clearly missed quite a bit during his absence.

"Uhhh....well....Jacob kissed me. He thought that's what I wanted. He believes I should remain human with him and not become a vampire with Edward."

"I don't see how that's any of his business. It's your choice. All though clearly the words you choice mean nothing to him given he kissed you without your consent." Aurélien was filled with rage. He'd always had strong emotions ever since he could remember. It was those strong emotions that sometimes meant he forgot his strict moral compass in the heat of the moment. "Did he at least apologise for making unwanted advances?"

"He doesn't believe they're unwanted." Bella's comment was muttered under her breath. Clearly she hadn't meant for it to be heard and had momentarily forgotten who she was taking to, because hear it Aurélien did. He was about five seconds away from speeding over and slamming Jacob into a wall. Aurelian may have been raised mostly by wet nurses as a child, but his mother had still taught him to have respect for women.

Bella must've picked up on his anger because she looked rather concerned. The human girl gestures for Aurelian to stay put before approaching the werwolf. Aurelian tried his best not to listen into their private conversation, keeping his eyes glued on the contents in his cup that he would have to find a way of getting rid of.

His eyes are drawn away from the cup in his long pale fingers when a flurry of movement happens in his peripheral. Bella has walked away from Jacob Black - thank God - and towards a dazed looking Alice.

Oh shit.

Aurelian cursed the fact he had to keep up pretences as he crossed the large room at what felt like a ridiculously slow speed, though he was probably being dramatic.

"Alice, what did you see?" Aurelian asks in unison with Bella. They both recognised a vision when they saw one.

"Okay, something is going on. Tell me." Aurelian cast an annoyed glance at Jacob Black. Did he really think he could come into their home after what he did and make demands?

"I....need to talk to Jasper," Alice said, sounding anxious. Jacob slammer his hand against the wall, blocking Aurelian's sister from leaving.

He was going to break that hand in a minute.

"Why don't you talk to me?" Jacob hissed out.

"Perhaps she doesn't want to. You can't make her do something if she doesn't want to," Aurelian grits out, golden eyes boring into Jacob Black's face. The boy looks rather startled and confused.

Aurelian senses Jasper's approach before anyone else did. His were the best in the family, he was proud to say.

"I suggest you remove your arm. Before I do." Jasper uses that soft tone of voice whenever he's threatening someone. It's quiet but dangerous, sending shivers down the spine and chills to the core. Clearly Jacob Black, for all his typical teenage boy bravado, felt it too because he removes his hand, albeit slowly.

"The decision's been made," Alice whispers, grasping there attention.

"What's going on? You're not going to Seattle?" Bella asks, panicking.

"No. They're coming here."

A/n:
So Aurélien does have powers which are briefly mentioned here but will get explained in  detail later.