38|Forever?

The screech that Mira Swan-Cullen let out upon waking up and discovering it was Christmas morning was incredibly loud

The screech that Mira Swan-Cullen let out upon waking up and discovering it was Christmas morning was incredibly loud. The second screech she let out after seeing that it'd snowed the night before was even louder. If the residents of the Cullen household weren't aware about how excited their newest family member was about Christmas they would've thought Mira was being murdered.

Despite the noise, Seth Clearwater continued to sleep soundly, much to the enjoyment of Aurélien, who thoroughly enjoyed watching his boyfriend sleep. Seth's face was slack and smooth, peaceful and bathed beautifully in the buttery morning light steaming in from the curtains (they were installed the year before they left for college when Aurélien realised that his boyfriend needed to sleep and the sun rising would disturb that).

"You're watching me sleep," Seth said, his words garbled as he was only just starting to function after waking up.

"I watch you sleep every night considering I have nothing better to do," Aurélien reminded him. His inability sleep meant he had to fill the night with other things. Usually he stayed in bed with Seth till he fell asleep and then appreciated him for a bit, then he cleaned their apartment (vampire senses meant the slightest layer of dust or dirt bothered him greatly) and did any other chores, did some college work, caught up with his hobbies (he was currently learning Cantonese to go along with the Mandarin he already spoke). By then it was close to waking up time, so Aurélien made a start on breakfast and then woke his boyfriend up.

Aurélien could say without a doubt that his nights since living with Seth had approved drastically. Before, he spent most of the time running through the forest to utilise the vampire gifts he had to hide during the day, bother Edward at any given chance, and try to ignore the gloominess that always settled over the house when ever there was a time that the fact that they were no longer human was made painfully obvious, such as an inability to sleep. He usually spent those moments with Alice and Emmett who, like him, didn't miss being human as much as others.

"I'll get a restraining order," Seth announced, the grin on his face significantly lessening the impact of his threat.

"Then who'll cook food for you, and wake you up and give you the attention and love you crave?" Aurélien asked, pulling the cover of Seth's body and throwing him a shirt and jogging bottoms to put on along with the boxers he wore to bed every night.

"Uh, Emmett," Seth said in duh tone of voice.
There was a suspiciously Emmett sounding call of hell yeah from the floor above. "See?" Seth said with a grin.

"I'll challenge Emmett in hand to hand combat if you ever try to replace me with him."

"Hand to hand combat just for my affections? Sounds like a great plan."

Aurélien shoved Seth backwards onto the bed in response.

~~~