22|Family Drama

Ushering stragglers who'd stop to awe at the decorations into their seats, Aurélien was finding himself becoming a tad stressed

Ushering stragglers who'd stop to awe at the decorations into their seats, Aurélien was finding himself becoming a tad stressed. After all, Alice wanted Bella and Edward's wedding to be perfect, and he had no interest in incurring her wrath. An angry Alice was no joke.

When everyone had taken their seats, Aurélien and the Cullen's took their places. Edward at the alter; Carlisle, Esme, Alice and Jasper were in the front row of the seats on the left of the aisle; and Emmett, Rosalie, Aurélien and Seth in the front on the other side. The music began to play and everyone rose from their seats, watching as a jittery Bella was led down the aisle by Charlie, who looked as stoic as he usually did. He was likely still not happy with the whole thing; his daughter was getting married at eighteen, and he didn't particularly like Edward (for an understandable reasons, though). Charlie has made it clear that Aurélien was the Cullen boy he'd have preferred Bella to have been with, an impossibility for a multitude of reasons.

"Oh, doesn't she look beautiful?" This was Mrs Clearwater, who was seated with Leah and Billy Black in the row behind them. Aurélien had to agree with her. Bella looked stunning in her wedding dress, a simple thing that had elegant lace around the sleeves and on the back. Both the dress and her vail — which was secured in her hair by a beautiful, bejewelled clip — trailed along the ground behind her. Bella's makeup, courtesy of Alice, was understated but elegant. Aurélien had attended many weddings over the course of his life (quite a few of them Rosalie's and Emmett's), and his best friend was definitely one of the most beautiful brides he'd ever seen. A vision in white, as the saying goes.

Charlie gave Bella a kiss on the forehead before they parted, and then she walked forward to stand in front of Edward. As they stared into each other's eyes and recited their vows, it was like no one else in the world mattered, like it all faded away and it was just Bella and Edward in their own world. Aurélien wondered if that was how he looked at Seth — like it was just the two of them.

The kiss that came at the end of the vows was not the chaste one Aurélien expected his brother to share with his new wife. Not that it was an inappropriate one, the kind that made you turn away and wish the couple would save it for when they were somewhere private, but it was definitely a passionate one; full off love and devotion and adoration. It made Aurélien feel warm inside. Despite how he incessantly teased him, Edward was is brother and he loved him. Aurélien couldn't be more glad that he'd found his happiness, and with Bella too, a girl whom Aurélien treasured wholeheartedly. A girl who he was delighted was officially joining his strange and unusual and beautiful family.

People burst into applaud — and also tears in a few cases (Charlie would deny it later, though) — when the newly weds separated, grinning from ear to ear. Aurélien and Seth clapped too, turning and smiling to each other, completely unaware that they were both thinking the same thing. Would they do this one day? Get married and have a life together? Could they make that work?

— — —