35|Show Me How Much

Having lived with Seth for the past year since they'd started college (he had taken a gap year so they could attend together), Aurélien had forgotten how terrible it was to be separated from his mate

Having lived with Seth for the past year since they'd started college (he had taken a gap year so they could attend together), Aurélien had forgotten how terrible it was to be separated from his mate. Truly, he only had himself to blame. Had he asked, Seth wouldn't have attended the study sleepover his friends had organised in order to prepare for their approaching exam on Monday, and they wouldn't have been separated since Friday afternoon. But Aurélien hadn't been able to begrudge Seth time with his friends. He may have attended college (and it's equivalents in other countries) many times and therefore had no interest in the 'college experience', but his boyfriend hadn't and it didn't feel right to prevent him the opportunity to do so.

Still, that didn't stop Aurélien from moping around their shared apartment Friday evening, all of Saturday, and that morning. But that had all cleared up when it was time to leave and pick up his boyfriend up. He'd practically skipped out their apartment building to his car, and he'd found himself humming cheerily to himself as he drove to Seth's friend's apartment. After parking with practiced ease, he dashed into the building and up the stairs to the third floor with speed that wasn't quite human, arriving at the correct door in seconds.

The sound of Seth's laughter through the door sent excitement jolting through his stomach as he knocked and waited for someone to open the door. The person who did wasn't Seth but a tall women with dark skin and cornrows that were neon green at the ends, which under any other circumstances he would've complimented her on, but the desperation to see and hold his boyfriend was overwhelming. Aurélien really hoped she didn't think he was rude as she ushered him inside.

"Aurélien!" a voice cried out and suddenly he had arms full of excited Seth Clearwater. The fact that his boyfriend was practically vibrating with happiness made all of Aurélien's pining worth it. "I've missed you." His heart, though still and unmoving for a 194 years , felt like it was about to burst forth from his chest. He squeezed his boyfriend tighter, burying his face on his neck and inhaling his signature scent of forest and fresh air that never failed to calm or relax him.

"I've missed you too, mon bonheur,"  Aurélien said back, relishing on the way Seth let out a breathy, little sigh in response before pulling back from him so they could lock eyes. He found himself drinking in his mate's face like a man starved, happy to find that the the mental image he'd conjured of him the past few days to stave of loneliness was 100% percent accurate (which wasn't really surprising given the sheer amount of time he devoted to just staring at his gift of a boyfriend).

"We get it," came an annoyed voice from the other side of the room. The couple looked up at the person who had spoken — a scrawny boy with pale skin to rival Aurélien's — interrupting their long awaited reunion. "You're in love and basically married and can't stand to be separated for more than a day. You're making me feel single and I actually have a boyfriend." Rather than seeing the humour in his comment the way Seth clearly did, judging by his laughter, Aurélien was just annoyed that what the boy said had lead to his boyfriend stepping back from their hug, switching to holding his hand instead. Aurélien made his view very clear by glaring at the skinny boy.