18|Love Is A Strong Word

"So what your saying is, Seth wants to bone and you don't," Bree said after listening to Aurélien recount their date

"So what your saying is, Seth wants to bone and you don't," Bree said after listening to Aurélien recount their date. "Sounds pretty simple to me. If you don't want to, then you don't have to." Aurélien wrinkled his noise at her choice of vocabulary.

"It's not about want. It's about if it's right."

"Please tell me you're not going to give a speech about sex before marriage and virtue." Bree rolled her eyes and huffed dramatically, and Bella nodded her agreement. "I've had enough of Edward's outdated moral values. Stuff like that really doesn't matter anymore." Aurélien shook his head. Bree didn't understand and he was struggling to explain it.

"No, I'm not." Aurélien said, frustrated. "I can't be the only one that thinks imprinting is...questionable? I mean, Seth doesn't get a choice when it comes to us, it's only me. Maybe I just want to give him the opportunity to live his life before he's inevitably stuck with me." The words were tumbling from his mouth quicker than he expected. Aurélien had realised how deeply he resented the imprint bond for robbing Seth of his choice. After all, what teenage boy wanted to commit to an immortal being for the rest of his life?

"How do you know Seth doesn't want to be with you? You're presuming that because your relationship started as a result of something neither of you could control, that he is with you out of obligation. But I don't agree. Seth may be nice, but he doesn't seem like the kind of person just accept things that are wrong. If he was unhappy I think he'd tell you."

"So you think I'm over reacting?" Bree huffed and rolled her eyes, sharing a glance with an amused Bella who'd chosen to observe rather than contribute to the conversation. According to her she was a terrible giver of advice, and Aurélien had to agree. She thought with her heart, not her head, and she would be hesitant to tell Aurélien the blunt truth, meaning she couldn't help him with this kind of situation.

"No, I don't. If it's important to you then you're not overreacting. I just think you should tell Seth properly. You should sit down and talk about boundaries because clearly it's something you've failed to discuss in and amongst all the supernatural related challenges you guys have faced in your relationship," Bree said, and Aurélien paused. It made sense, of course. They'd been so caught up in the problems caused by their differing species that they hadn't even considered that maybe they might have normal couple problems too.

"Bree—"

"—you're amazing? Tell me something I don't know, French boy," Bree interrupted with a cocky grin.

"You have a massive ego," Aurélien responded bluntly, knowing that Bree wouldn't take offence. She seemed to be in a constant state of easygoingness, and he wondered — rather depressingly — if it was because she'd had an unhappy life and this was her coping method. After all, sorrow bred either a bitter heart or kind soul.

"Actually, I do know that, so ha," Bree responded, sticking out her tongue childishly. "And I happen to think it's well earned. I mean, I'm a full package. Funny, smart and I'm a legitimate snack. I'm a 10. No wait, a 13. I'm a 13 out of— Aurélien where are you going!" Bree suddenly noticed that Aurélien had gotten up and left the room.