29|Do You Really Have To Go?

"Isn't it dangerous to drive with only one hand on the wheel," Seth asked Aurélien, breaking the comfortable silence that had settled over them as they drove down the winding roads of Forks

"Isn't it dangerous to drive with only one hand on the wheel," Seth asked Aurélien, breaking the comfortable silence that had settled over them as they drove down the winding roads of Forks. They had reached out to connect hands almost immediately after the car had backed out of the Cullen's driveway and hadn't let go since; it was as if they needed some part of their bodies to be connected at all times, and maybe they did. After all, they're souls and hearts were were bound together, so it seemed only logical that their bodies wanted to be connected too.

Aurélien had always wanted a cause, and now he had one. He would spend eternity loving the boy in the seat next to him, even if his mate chose not to live long enough for them to share that eternity. Aurélien was sure he'd been born to love Seth Clearwater. It came to him far too easily to him for it not to be true.

"Let go of my hand then," Aurélien said, pulling back as if he were going to disconnect their hands and revelling in the way Seth simply hung on tighter, frowning as if he couldn't believe the audacity Aurélien had in trying to end their handholding.

"No," Seth responded with a pout. "Don't want to." Aurélien laughed, glad that his boyfriend seemed happier than he had hours ago. Seeing Seth in pain was not something he enjoyed.

"Then why bring it up?"

"I was just wondering," Seth huffed out, tugging his phone out of his jacket pocket when it vibrated loudly. As he typed the password in, his eyes flicked over to their conjoined hands suspiciously, as if to make sure Aurélien wasn't going to try and let go. The clinginess made the vampire smile, enjoying the feeling of Seth wanting him so fiercely that he physically didn't want to let go off him.

"Seth? Are you alright?" Aurélien queried when he noticed that Seth's face has morphed from his normal, sweet smile to a frown that didn't look right on the face of a boy as soft as him. "Mon amour?" Aurélien squeezed Seth's hand, hoping to gain his mate's attention once more.

"It's Sam."

"Oh. I see," Aurélien said, eyes flickering from the road ahead to Seth's face every few seconds as the silence after his words stretched on.

"He wants you to drop me off at his and Emily's house instead of home," Seth finally said, still frowning at the phone in his head. "And Leah just texted me, too. Said she thinks I should go."

"And what do you think?" Aurélien asked, eyeing his boyfriend with concern. While he could understand the source of the pack's apprehension and suspicion towards him, he could not forgive the way they'd hurt Seth with their unwillingness to at least support him and the situation he'd been placed in through no fault of his own. From his perspective, it felt disloyal and cruel, and Aurélien hated people who were like that. Especially to people like Seth, who were the definition of devoted and kind.

"I think I should listen to what they have to say," Seth mused, brushing his thumb across Aurélien's knuckles. The action was clearly subconscious, so it made Aurélien even more overjoyed. "Massive arguments with the people you love is tiring. I want to give them a chance to apologise."