26|This Is What Euphoria Feels Like

It's strange how, in the aftermath of a situation, your original apprehensions can seem so ridiculous

It's strange how, in the aftermath of a situation, your original apprehensions can seem so ridiculous. You wonder how you ever conjured up the horrific images of what could've happened. This was exactly how Seth has felt at that moment. He wasn't quite sure why he thought Aurélien wouldn't be able to handle anything his mother and sister threw his way. The vampire answered the endless questions about his long life — which was quite fascinating for Seth because he got to hear about so many events that he was sure would've never been brought up if it wasn't for his family's nosiness — and he gave details about their relationship that satisfied their curiosity but also maintained the couple's privacy. He even had answers to the traditional
'What are your intentions for my son/daughter e.t.c' question, and Seth's heart had practically leaped from his chest at Aurélien's answer. ("To love and protect and cherish him the way he deserves. I want to make Seth as happy as he makes me.")

"Well I think I did rather well, if I do say so myself," Aurélien said as soon as the couple managed to get a moment of privacy in the safety of the living room. "I mean, your mother clearly finds me very charming and Leah has decided I'm allowed to keep all my limbs, so I'm going to mark this down as a success." Grinning so wide he thought he might pull a muscle, Seth moved towards Aurélien — who was leaning against the wall — and pulled him into a tight hug. Hopefully, he was conveying how happy he was with the outcome to his boyfriend.

"I know, I don't know why I was so worried," Seth said, leaning his head on Aurélien's shoulder, very glad for the few inches of difference to their height that meant they could be in a position like this. "Aurélien..." Seth trailed of slightly, and his boyfriend glanced down at him with worried eyes. "I want you to know that I haven't intentionally been withholding stuff about our relationship from my mother and sister. It's just, my pack reacted very badly so I've gotten in the habit of keeping my thoughts about you hidden. I'm scared they'll try to interfere."

"They can try," Aurélien scoffed out, gripping Seth even tighter as if he expected Sam or one of the others to appear in the living room and try and rip them apart. "You're not just my boyfriend, Seth, you're my mate. That's the person you love forever when it comes to vampires, so they are not going to be able to keep me away from you. I promise."

Seth's heart felt like it was going into overdrive at Aurélien's words and the way he tightened his grip on his hips. He felt a shiver go down his spine when he noticed that Aurélien's lyrical french accent became stronger due to his emotions and his voice became darker while still keeping its honey like smoothness.

"Okay," Seth whispered, tilting his head up to signal that he wanted a kiss. Chuckling, Aurélien complied with his request, leaning down to capture the tan boy's lips with his own. No matter how many times they did it — or the fact that they'd share for more intense ones before — the kisses they shared never failed to fill Seth's chest with warmth and make his body tingle with excitement. Sharing such a gesture would never get old, nor would the way their lips slotted together or their bodies moved in unison. This is what euphoria feels like, Seth thought to himself. It's his mouth on mine, his hands on my hips and my hands in his hair. It's not knowing where i end and Aurélien begins.