30|An Interrupted Date

"Is that what you're going to wear?" Aurélien scowled at Alice's words even though he knew what she'd say as soon as he heard her light steps up the stairs and towards his room

"Is that what you're going to wear?" Aurélien scowled at Alice's words even though he knew what she'd say as soon as he heard her light steps up the stairs and towards his room. What he was wearing was perfectly fine: black, skinny jeans and a white shirt under a grey Henley (with his red Doctor Martins, of course). It's an outfit that suited what Aurélien has planned for Seth's birthday — smart but casual.

"Yes I am."

"You're not going to wear a suite," Alice asked sceptically, eying Aurélien's outfit. Clearly she thought it was far too simple, but he disagreed.

"Seth would hate it if we both wore suits," Aurélien disagreed. "He'd feel uncomfortable and he'd hate it. Trust me." He was confident that Seth would, just as Bella did, dislike the Cullen's taste for fancy things. Aurélien didn't want his boyfriend to he uncomfortable on his birthday.

"If you say so," Alice said doubtfully, and Aurélien just sighed. He'd seen Seth two days ago but it'd felt like years, and his patience for his family's antics had been shorter than usual. His only saving grace had been a phone call from Bella, who'd managed to stave of his growing irritation easily. Aurélien had asked her multiple times if she was enjoying her honeymoon and when she seemed a bit off when reassuring him she was having a great time, he reminded her that if Edward wasn't treating her properly he wouldn't hesitate to fly over to Esme island and teach his brother a lesson. Bella had insisted that everything was fine and despite his sixth sense for his best friend's lies saying otherwise, Aurélien had let it slide.

"I do say so," Aurélien said, inspecting his outfit one last time before he was due to leave. "I'm going now. Do not call to check up on how things are going. If anyone interrupts us, they loose a limb when I get home." Alice rolled her eyes but he knew she'd listen to his warning. Aurélien had dismembered his siblings for lesser crimes, and they had done the same to him and each other. It may seem like an extreme punishment to outsiders but considering it was one of the less painful injuries that a vampire could suffer and it was very amusing to watch someone hold a detached limb in place till it fused with their body once ask, it was something they'd done countless times to each other. They'd also thrown each other if incredibly high things in the name of revenge, too. Rosalie had probably hurled Edward if the side of cliffs at least once a decade, likely more.

"Someone's looking tense," Bree singsonged as Aurélien appeared at the bottom of the stairs (he wasn't sure if he'd teleported or used his enhanced speed because both of those were pretty subconscious when he was at home). Frowning, he noticed that she had one of his books in her hand, and she definitely hadn't asked to borrow it.

"Someone's stealing other people's stuff," Aurélien responded, checking that he had his wallet and car keys with him before chucking on his infamous long, black coat that he didn't actually need, being a vampire, but liked none the less. Bree seemed unbothered by the accusation, probably because they both new that he wasn't actually upset about it. As long as it was returned after, Aurélien had no qualms with letting her borrow his things (the only person who couldn't was Edward, who literally never returned anything in the decades they'd known each other).