Scott Dared Me

A/N: this is my first author's note in this book and I don't really intend to do that many but I just wanted to remind you guys that I really appreciate comments because it lets me know what you do or don't like and therefore allows me to create better one shots for you! So, COMMENT!

The one thing that probably got Stiles and Scott in the most trouble were dares. They had been caught in a vicious dare cycle since the third grade and for some reason neither of them ever seemed to grow out of it.

Especially recently, the dares had seemed to escalate and the Sheriff even attempted to put an end to it when Stiles came home one afternoon with a pierced tongue.

"What on earth is that?" He asked,

" 'Cott 'ared me," Stiles said with the inevitable lisp.

Instead of listening to his father's orders to end the game, Stiles dared Scott to get a tattoo. Scott came to school the next day with two thick black bands around his bicep.

The rules for this game were simple.
You had 24 hours to come up with a dare and the other person had 48 hours to complete it.
Though the dares can be extreme, they must be sensible. No dares could cause anyone to have sex or to put someone else in danger.

Among many, this list includes five times that Scott's dares almost got Stiles in a lot of trouble:

"I dare you to makeout with Jackson."

Stiles smirked, "Please. You're playing it easy McCall."

After lacrosse practice, Stiles followed Jackson to his car and proceeded to pounce on him with relentless flirting.

Jackson rolled his eyes, "It was about time that you confessed your undying love for me, Stilinski."

The two met in a frantic kiss (mostly to just break the sexual tension), much to Stiles's surprise, and ended with the two boys groping each other in the backseat of Jackson's Porsche.

Thanks to Scott, whenever Stiles needed to ease some tension or whenever Jackson needed something to get his mind off of Lydia, the two would meet in some random location and try to lose themselves in each other. Probably not the healthiest method, but it worked.

"I dare you to tag the library."

Stiles bought a can of spray paint from the hardware store across town and snuck over to the library.

He had almost completed his drawing of fox when a cop car pulled up.

Stiles spent the night in a holding cell and had to be released by his dad in the morning.

"Stiles, these dares are going to get you in a lot of trouble one day," his father told him.

Stiles shrugged, "it's the price of having friends."

"I dare you to dye your hair. I'm feeling nice so you get to pick the color."

Without even saying anything, Stiles showed up to school the next day with blue hair.

"It matches my tongue piercing," he told Jackson with a smile as they were making out in front of Jackson's locker.

"I dare you to show up to school shitfaced."

That morning, Stiles had achieved the goal of drinking before 8 am. A new record.

"Youuuu're pretty," he slurred to Derek Hale, one of the guys on the basketball team.

Derek rolled his eyes and pushed Stiles away.

"I don't need you to get me in any trouble, Stilinski. I've never gotten into any sort of trouble in my life and I don't need you and McCall to ruin it."

Stiles pushed his sunglasses up on his face that protected his eyes from the bright lights.

"Oh please. You think I'm hot."

Derek blushed.

"I dare you to get Derek Hale to date you."

Stiles's mouth dropped open.

"Are you kidding? Derek hates us. He thinks we'll get him into trouble."

Scott gave him a side eye.

"Okay, we would totally get him into trouble but he's not going to let me get anywhere near him if he thinks it will hurt his chances of getting into Yale."

Scott put his hands on his hips, "Are you turning down a dare Stiles? You've never done that before."

Stiles's ego felt violated, "No! Of course not. A dare's a dare."

Later that day, Stiles strode up to Derek oozing confidence. Whether it was the tattoos that decorated his arms or the various piercings, or even the blue hair, something allowed Stiles to march up to Derek without an ounce of regret.

"Go out with me Hale."

Derek's ears turned red. He shut his locker.

"You don't like me. You never have. You and your popular crowd have never looked my way. Why now?"

"What can I say? I'm hot. You're hot. Let's fuck."

Immediately, Derek's entire face went red.

"I-no."

"A date then? An innocent, sweet, pure date? No touching? I won't even look at you. We can go to church for all I care."

"Stiles-"

"You can stand on one side of the church and I'll stand on the other. Leave plenty of room for Jesus and all that good stuff."

"Fine," Derek reluctantly agreed. He had had a crush on Stiles since sophomore year but Erica and Isaac had always cautioned him against it.

"He'll break your heart," they always said.

They went on their date that Friday. Not to a church but to a small restaurant. Somehow, this led to a second and even a third.

Derek came to school with the biggest smile on his face every day, excited to see Stiles.

He came to school one day and turned the corner of the parking lot only to see Stiles and Jackson furiously grabbing at each other in the backseat of Stiles's unmistakable Jeep

Derek's heart dropped. He felt his cheeks heat up in what must have been embarrassment. Tears began to form in his eyes but he begged himself to not let them fall. After a quick call to Erica, his friends had pulled him inside the school building, and even though they desperately wanted to tell him that they told him so, they didn't.

That afternoon, seeing how heartbroken Derek was, Scott told Stiles, "I dare you to end your relationship with Derek."

Stiles snorted with no hint of remorse, "Done."