prince + alpha (pt.2)

A/N: I know this is short but I really wanted to publish something. The past few weeks have been insane, but we're pushing through. I hope you guys like this one! Don't forget to comment. I always look forward to reading your messages!

One thing Stiles preferred about werewolf traditions in comparison to human ones was the intimacy that they often required. For example, a majority of their marriage ceremony was celebrated only by the couple, rather than being observed by a crowd of friends and family. At least, that's what Derek told him. He liked the idea of vowing eternal love to one another without the eyes of both of their kingdoms. Rather it would be an incredibly private moment for just the two of them. As it should be. 

On the morning of the werewolf ceremony, Derek was whisked away by his betas to participate in what would be the human equivalent of a bachelor party. Stiles tried to force the details out of Derek, as he had been denied of having his own bachelor party, but his investigation was quickly shut down. 

Stiles was left to prepare for the ceremony on his own. His servants rushed into the room and dressed him in a white dress shirt and cream-colored pants. They also gave him a pair of tan shoes, though traditionally werewolves did the ceremony barefoot. One of his servants had been replaced with one from the Hale kingdom to assure the traditions were being followed. She tried to calm Stiles's nerves, telling him that the ceremony would be a "wonderful profession of love." Whatever that means.

When the time had arrived, Stiles was escorted to the border of the forest where he met with his "husband" (according to human traditions, but not yet werewolf traditions). The Alpha, Derek's father, blessed the couple and sent them into the forest. Derek took Stiles's hand and the two ran into the woods. Their feet hit the ground rapidly while both of them had ear-splitting grins on their faces. 

Derek decided on the proper place for the ritual and turned to face Stiles. Stiles's heart pounded in his chest. 

"I understand that this may be scary and unfamiliar, but our traditions are very important to us."

Stiles nodded, nervous as he might be, and used his free hand to cup Derek's cheek. Despite only having been married for a week, Stiles was falling fast. It might have only been because Derek was the only possible love interest in his vicinity, but Stiles did nothing to try and stop it.

"I trust you, Alpha."

Derek unbuttoned his white shirt and opened it to expose his neck. He motioned for Stiles to do the same. Stiles blushed and used his shaking fingers to push each button through the slits in his shirt. 

When he finished, Derek stepped closer and used his left hand to push the collar of Stiles's shirt back. 

"Werewolf relationships are much more permanent than those of humans. We mark the other to show possession and commitment." 

Stiles nodded, having remembered seeing the marks on the werewolves from the Hale pack. 

"I will mark you first. You will be given temporary powers to do the same, but you will remain human. Listen carefully to what I say so that you may repeat it."

Stiles nodded again and closed his eyes as Derek moved closer. 

"I am yours and you are mine."

He felt the heat from Derek's breath and the pressure of his teeth on his neck. There was a pinch as Derek bit into Stiles's skin, but soon Stiles felt a rush of energy and a sudden bond. Stiles opened his eyes.

"Now you, my love."

Stiles brushed back the collar of Derek's shirt and urged his temporary werewolf teeth to grow. 

"I am yours and you are mine."

He kissed gently at the section where Derek's neck and shoulder met before allowing his teeth to pierce the skin. The energy grew stronger as Stiles backed away. 

Derek wrapped his arms around Stiles and pulled him closer and kissed him.

"I love you," Derek whispered once he had wrapped Stiles in a hug.

Stiles pulled Derek impossibly closer, "Aw, I love you too."