NYFW

A/N: um so. please comment.

i kind of hate this (but i like how it turned out if that makes sense?)

but like

oh well ig

I hope you all are safe and healthy. I hope that your families are doing well and that school isn't becoming too overbearing. :)

Stiles loves February. 

While to most people it might seem like an average month (other than for Valentine's Day, perhaps), to Stiles it was the fall/winter week of New York Fashion Week. 

As a fashion journalist, NYFW was one of his favorite events of the year. In addition to attending the various shows, Stiles spent time after the show taking photos of several models in order to exhibit the photos on his website. His favorite part was going through each shot and examining each look. His passion for the thought and detail put into each design drove him to write about paragraphs upon paragraphs about the night.

Stiles was well known in the fashion world, to the extent that designers took his critiques seriously and that models seemed to get nervous when they knew he was in the audience. He loved his job, even if it wasn't the most common. 

And weirdly, Stiles prided himself on that.

Making his name in the fashion world was extremely difficult and took a lot of networking and hard work. It started with a simple blog and using his friends as models, but after nearly a year, he was suddenly being asked to come to New York and intern for fashion companies as a media consultant. And a few months after that, big fashion brands were sponsoring his page and asking him to fly out and photograph their models in order to promote the new line of clothing. Soon enough, many brands saw it as an honor to have Stiles Stilinksi at one of their shows and photograph it all.  

After a couple of years of flying back and forth, Stiles made the decision to move all the way to New York from California and start his life there, leaving many of his friends and family behind. He lived every day like it would be the last one he would be in the business, as fashion is an industry that involved gambling and taking risks.

During this particular fashion week, Stiles was running from various shows to photoshoots and interviews with nearly no time in between, and in the midst of one of those runs, he got a visit from his assistant, informing him that one of the models he was supposed to shoot had to pull out at the last minute.

"You're joking!" He'd shouted at his assistant, Lydia, who had clearly been expecting that reaction from her boss. The two had been working together for years so, at this point, Lydia knew all of Stiles's emotions like the back of her hand. 

"Stiles, chill out. The shoot just ended up being scheduled too close to a show. The company has offered to set you up with a replacement model. I've done research on him and he seems good. This is his first fashion week -don't give me that look- but his test shots look great."

Stiles groaned and took off his glasses to rub his eyes before putting them back on. 

"Fine. Name?"

"Derek Hale."

Stiles sighed and grabbed his camera equipment and motioned for Lydia to follow him out of the apartment and to the uber waiting for them below.

He got to the shoot and waited for the models to get ready. He adjusted the lights on the white background and waited as the first model filed in. Stiles smiled at the familiar face and kissed her cheek.

"You look beautiful!" He gushed as she smiled. 

Stiles started taking photos of her while throwing in a few suggestions and introducing props. At one point, he showed the model one of the shots to explain an idea to her, which she quickly caught on to.