prince and i (pt.2)

A/N: This one is a long one, my dudes. Not sure how much i love it. but uhhhh here you go.

ALSO after today, i'm going back to my normal schedule of updating when i feel like it. whOOPS. I hope you enjoyed this week of AUs.

Early one morning, before the crack of dawn, Derek was jolted awake by the sound of Cora screaming. His heart dropped, fearing the worst as he scrambled to get himself from out underneath his covers.

He jumped from his bed, after eventually freeing himself from his tangled covers, and raced down the hall to Cora's room. By the time he got there, there was a group of security personnel (including Stiles) and the rest of Derek's family. Laura was clinging onto her mother who was fighting frantically with the head of security to see what was wrong.

"What's happening?" Derek growled after fighting Stiles's demands to get back to his room.

Cora held a letter in her hand, crying. She held it out to her older brother, with shaking hands, before clinging to his side.

Derek grabbed it from her and nearly tore it to shreds after reading it. That bitch.

Your little sister is just as adorable as I remember.

It would be a shame if something were to happen to her, now wouldn't it?

K

"We need to increase Cora's security detail," Derek says after a moment.

Stiles crossed the hallway to stand next to Derek and stuck out his hand, "If I may, Your Highness."

Derek reluctantly handed him the letter and wrapped Cora in a tight hug, trying his best to ignore the fact that Stiles was shirtless and he was somewhat attracted to it.

'Quit it,' Derek told himself, 'You hate him. Remember?'

"Your Majesty?" Stiles directs towards Derek's mother. Talia Hale nodded, clearly scared, but indicating for Stiles to continue.

"Might I suggest a security check of the palace's employees? How is it that this letter got all the way to Princess Cora's room without anyone noticing?"

"Of course, Mr. Stilinski. Whatever you think is fit for the security of my family."

One by one the members of the royal family retreated back to their rooms. Rather than returning to her room, Cora followed Laura to hers. Even though there had been a sweep of the palace for intruders, Cora whimpered at the idea of staying in the empty room by herself. Security eventually returned to their posts, including Stiles.

Derek waited a few more moments, still infuriated, especially because it appeared that Stiles wasn't doing anything, other than perhaps doing simple background checks on his employees. He then realized that Stiles had returned, now dressed in a suit and holding a cup of coffee along with a stack of papers and his sister's letter.

Stiles was still closely examining the letter when he realized Derek was staring at him.

"Last time I checked, Stilinski, you were my security guard, not my sister's."

Derek nearly grinned when he saw how pissed off Stiles was becoming.

"Your Highness, this letter appears to be written by Lady Kate. YOUR ex-girlfriend. Without a doubt, this is her way of getting back at you, and, unfortunately, the rest of your family is being wrapped up in it. In Lady Kate's eyes, they're just collateral damage."

Derek sighed. Stiles was right. His sister, or any of his family, wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for him and his horrible choices when it came to dating.